Company: The Osborn
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionEstimated Start Date: 11/1/2022Position
Summary:The Osborn in Rye, NY is looking for an Executive Chef to
join our culinary team. The Executive Chef's primary function is
supervising food production staff in the creation of nutritious and
appetizing meals based on a high standard of excellence in
accordance with customer expectations. The Executive Chef oversees
the food production for residents in Assisted Living, Independent
Living, Skilled Nursing, Employee Dining, Special Programs and
Catering Events. The Executive Chef serves as a representative of
the Dining Services Department and of the organization, and it is
required that the individual performs the essential functions of
the job in a professional and timely manner with a positive
attitude.Knowledge and Skills
- Must possess the ability to work with others in the
- Completion of a 2 year accredited culinary program, and minimum
of 5 years' experience in a restaurant, hotel, or club
- Full knowledge of the state health codes pertaining to food
preparation, sanitation, and safety. Including possession of Serve
- Must possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, and
be comfortable with learning new and varied computer systems and
- Must display patience, tact, enthusiasm, and a cheerful
- Must possess the ability to learn and understand Dining
procedures and equipment use.
- Basic knowledge of food and food preparations.
- Ability to guide individuals and groups towards task
- Ability to contribute culinary ideas in order to help form a
high quality menu.Physical and Sensory Requirements
- Must be able to speak and write the English language in an
- Must be able to mobilize throughout the building.
- Must be able to bend, sit, and stand for long periods of time,
ranging from .5 to 7.5 hours during a typical workday.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 10lbs and a maximum
of 50lbs for a minimum distance of 5 feet.
- Must be able to push/pull a cart up to 50lbs for a minimum
distance of 5 feet.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use of prosthetics that
will enable these senses to function adequately so that
requirements of this position can be met.
- Must be able to operate all necessary bar equipment.
Keywords: The Osborn, Stamford , Executive Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Rye, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!