Field Merchandising Representative
Company: Bimbo Bakeries
Posted on: August 4, 2022
- Employee Type:
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Job ID:
req28418 Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold(R),
Brownberry(R) or Oroweat(R) bread? A Thomas'(R) English muffin or
bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee(R), Entenmann's(R) or
Marinela(R) cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know
Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest
baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA
(BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales
centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our
consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at
every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the
chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers
the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and
personal lives every day.
Come join the largest baking company in the world and our family of
20,000 associates nationwide!Position Summary:The Route Sales - FMR
(FMR) is an entry level route sales position that acts as the face
of Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) in the market to our customers and
clients while selling and delivering fresh baked products to retail
customers, restaurants, and institutions. This position supports
and operates a route, which entails loading and unloading product
from a route truck, merchandising product in store, selling
displays at retail and general communication with store personnel
and internal within the Sales Center. FMR will conduct all tasks in
a safe and courteous manner.Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries
- Great starting pay and commission!
- Excellent benefits package!
- Growing organization & increased demand for products!
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Your primary focus is to maximize and grow sales and freshness
through building strong customer relationships, driving and
contributing to profitable sales growth, and provide sales-related
customer service that exceeds expectations.
- You will analyze sales data to drive effective decisions in the
marketplace and grow brand recognition.
- You will increase sales volumes and market penetration through
world-class direct store delivery excellence (DSDE) tactics and
- You will identify and take action towards growth opportunities
by soliciting new customers, increasing promotional displays and
developing sales leads in the territory.
- You will conduct daily route settlement procedures to account
for all products, invoices, and cash.
- You will cover routes at other local sales centers.
- You will perform merchandising and rotation of all products to
ensure the best quality and freshness of our products. Pull ups of
a list of stores furnished by management.
- You will drive in store product representation with seamless
execution of company and brand promotions while ensuring racks are
set in accordance with customer guidelines.
- You will introduce new products and services to maximize sales
and shelf space within existing accounts and when soliciting new
- You will be responsible for inventory counts and placing
accurate product orders in the order management tool on a handheld
device to increase freshness and product variety.
- You will pack out back-room stock. Deliver relays and set up
- You will drive a company route truck safely; safely loads and
unloads the truck.
- You will correctly complete DOT logs and submit other
documentation, paperwork and deposits on time.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- You have a strong analytical ability to gather and interpret
data, in situations where the problems are somewhat complex
(dealing with people, procedures and equipment).
- You work well in a team-based environment, have solid
interpersonal skills, and you are not averse to change.
- You must be able to perform basic math and computer skills;
SAP, Oracle, CPD preferred
- You act with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset: focus on
improving efficiencies while decreasing waste. Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is preferred.
- 1-3 Years of DSD (Direct Store Delivery) or route sales
- A combination of education, training and experience that
results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- A valid driver's license is required
- Ability to obtain and retain a DOT Medical card required
(company will administer).
- Must have a good driving record.
- Local travel required.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to lift more than 50 pounds, stack/unstack or carry,
push/pull, stand and/or stoop for prolonged periods of time, climb,
perform repetitive motions, perform frequent reaching and use of
fingers, and work in a loud and hot/cold environment.
- You must have good written and oral communication
- Ability to work 8+ hour shifts, work store hours with early
morning starts, irregular and/or rotating shifts, including split
days off (non-consecutive days off) and work holidays and weekends
The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.Be a part of a company that is dedicated to
protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100%
renewable electric energy since July 2019, with energy created
through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the
Year for the fourth year in a row for superior leadership,
innovation and commitment to environmental protection through
- We have 18 ENERGY STAR(R) Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste
- Over 1500 of our vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane,
compressed natural gas, electric, or hybrid
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging
across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and
wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle. The physical
and mental demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with
a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants
and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability,
gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other
classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects
of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion,
compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training
and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal
employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed
affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified
individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled
veterans and other protected veterans.
Keywords: Bimbo Bakeries, Stamford , Field Merchandising Representative, Hospitality & Tourism , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!