Medical Office Assistant (Westchester) - FlexStaff
Company: FlexStaff Careers
Location: Mount Kisco
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Performs direct patient care under the supervision of a physician
or appropriate clinician. Performs related clerical duties
supporting operational needs.
- Prepares treatment rooms for patient examinations, ensuring
cleanliness and availability of appropriate equipment and
- Interviews patient to obtain medical information and perform
measurement and screening procedures.
- Prepares patient for examination and treatment.
- Obtains patient's height, weight, blood pressure, pulse,
temperature, head circumference, and other required vital
- Records findings in patient medical record and informs
clinician of findings.
- Obtains specimens from patient, as directed by clinician.
- Collects blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens.
Completes requisitions, labels and routes specimens according to
- Performs electrocardiograms (EKGs), as required.
- Assists clinician during examination, procedures and treatment,
- Secures required supplies, tools and equipment for specific
- Ensures patient is appropriately draped and positioned.
- Provides requested instruments to clinician during procedure.
Assists in positioning and holding patient, as required.
- Assists patient after examination, procedure or treatment.
- Prepares, sterilizes and calibrates equipment. Informs
Supervisor of malfunctioning equipment.
- Strictly adheres to infection control standards in the
performance of duties.
- Performs related clerical duties supporting operational
- Participates in patient registration, as required. Processes
insurance forms, certifications, physician orders, prescriptions,
- Ensures required patient information and documentation is
available in medical records.
- Schedules and confirms patient appointments.
- Places, receives and directs phone calls.
- Files, copies, and distributes documentation, as required.
- Performs related duties as required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Successful completion of a six-month (6) to one (1) year course
in Medical Assisting program, required.
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) from the American Association
of Medical Assistants (AAMA), preferred.
- Prior experience and demonstrated competence as a medical
- Ability to communicate effectively.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
advertisement and may be modified in the future. When determining a
team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be
considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line,
years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated
contracts, budget and internal equity).
Keywords: FlexStaff Careers, Stamford , Medical Office Assistant (Westchester) - FlexStaff, Healthcare , Mount Kisco, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...