Company: Staff Icons
Posted on: March 13, 2023
Under general direction, responsible for independently
performing and reporting general and/or specialized laboratory
tests in accordance with laboratory policies and procedures.
- Provides technical services and laboratory support
- Performs laboratory tests and reports results with the
appropriate documentation, in a timely, efficient and accurate
manner in compliance with laboratory policies and procedures.
Validates test results in the Laboratory Information System in
order for accurate reports to be generated for physician review. In
some instances may enter data directly into the computer
- Performs all LIS functions relative to the scope of her/his
responsibility to include work-lists, outstanding reports, patient
- Performs quality control for all testing and assures that
results meet established criteria before releasing test results.
Recognizes factors that may affect measurements and results, and
takes appropriate action.
- Reports low supply inventory to appropriate staff. Insures
uninterrupted testing by informing appropriate personnel when
supplies fall below par level.
- Recognizes instrument or equipment failures and evaluates
problem. Takes appropriate action to troubleshoot or to contact
internal or external individuals for corrective action.
- Prepares samples appropriately for testing. According to
laboratory protocol prepares and labels stains, reagents, and stock
solutions used in the processing of specimens. Maintains glassware
and other materials necessary for the performance of clinical
- May temporarily assume supervisory responsibility of section
during the absence of the supervisor.
- Bachelors degree in Medical Technology or related scientific
- ASCP strongly preferred
- Requires knowledge of principles and practices of laboratory
science and minimal computer skills.
Keywords: Staff Icons, Stamford , Medical Technologist, Healthcare , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...