Developmental Therapist (DT)
Company: Benchmark Human Services
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Company: Benchmark Human Services
Location: Stamford, CT, Connecticut
Category: Early Intervention Services
Now offering a $5,000 sign on bonus!
Salary range: $48 - 65k
Join Benchmark's Early Intervention Services as a Developmental
Therapist (DT). We are involved in all aspects of care for the
youngest among us- from overseeing regional programs to providing
hands-on services through federal and state programs. Children's
Services help babies and toddlers with disabilities or delays learn
new skills that typically develop during the first three years of
life including physical, cognitive, social/emotional, and
Our DT's conduct evaluations and assessments, participate in
Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) development and
implementation, monitor outcomes as a member of the team, and
provide EI supports to families for the benefit of the child.
Some locations include: Darien, Greenwich, Stamford, New Canaan,
Norwalk, Easton, Wilton, New Haven, and more.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comply with all Federal and State regulations, including those
outlined in the Connecticut Birth to Three Program Regulations.
- Administer evaluations and assessments.
- Develop rapport with children, families, and team members to
promote a healthy learning environment.
- Develop joint plan with family and recommend strategies
utilizing evidence-based practices and following the Natural
Learning Environment Practices.
- Implement IFSP for enrolled families and recommend frequency of
services based on child development status and family priorities
- Provide families with information, skills and support related
to enhancing their child's development.
- Utilize the coaching model and natural environment
- Participate in Birth to Three sponsored trainings, meetings and
learning opportunities as appropriate.
- Complete Birth to Three Service Coordinator Modules and
function as the Service Coordinator.
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of
all staff and individuals we serve.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Respectful to others and ability to collaborate well with
- Knowledge of Connecticut's Birth to Three early intervention
program and best practices for early intervention service
- Demonstrates a commitment to Natural Learning Environment
- Confident in adapting to various learning styles to meet the
needs of each child and their individualized treatment plan
- Meet CT Birth to Three education and licensure
- Bachelor's Degree with Department of Education Certificate
Endorsement 112, 113, 065, 165, 265, 057, 059, or 055.
- Participate with professional supervision (if needed).
- Valid Connecticut driver's license
- One year of experience working with children in early
FULL TIME BENEFITS:
- Competitive wages
- Employee discounts with various vendors
- Health and dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Advancement opportunities
If interested apply on-line at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers.
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women,
and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
New Applicants Apply Here
Current Employees Apply Here
Quick Job Inquiry
Keywords: Benchmark Human Services, Stamford , Developmental Therapist (DT), Healthcare , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!