Company: Northwell Health
Location: Mount Kisco
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Performs mammography diagnostic procedures using x-ray and
auxiliary equipment. Ensures proper information is obtained for
- Prepares patient for examination.
- Explains procedure in layman terms to relieve patient of
- Ensures patient is screened according to protocol, and assures
consent for the procedure has been obtained, when necessary.
- Positions patient for optimum testing procedure and
- Sets-up equipment to administer the proper procedure in timely
- Performs mammography procedures.
- Obtains images as prescribed for physician interpretation.
- Assists physicians in mammographic image-guided interventional/
special breast exams or procedures.
- Monitors patient condition by directly observing patient during
examination, recognizing and reporting abnormal changes.
- Acknowledges and reviews images in computer system. Ensures
accuracy of all patient data. Processes imaging and prints CDs, as
- Gathers previous related patient reports, as required.
- Performs minor repairs and adjusts equipment, as required.
- Adheres to Infection Control guidelines in the performance of
duties. Maintains cleanliness of work area, equipment and
- Performs related duties as required
- Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technology program,
- New York State Department of Health licensure as a Radiologic
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
registration in Mammography, required.
- Prior radiology technology experience, required.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a
team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be
considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line,
years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated
contracts, budget and internal equity).
Keywords: Northwell Health, Stamford , Mammography Tech, Healthcare , Mount Kisco, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!