Full time LPN's needed!
Company: White Oaks Nursing and Rehab
Posted on: November 24, 2022
White Oaks Nursing and Rehab - MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED
MUST HAVE WEEKEND AVAILABILITY
Under the direction of the Director of Nursing Services (DNS),
ADNS, and Nursing Supervisor, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
bears the responsibility for quality of health care to the
residents of the facility. - He/she monitors resident activity and
communicates change to the Nursing Supervisor and Attending
Graduation from an Accredited School of Nursing licensed and
registered as a Nurse in the State of New York. - - -
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
A minimum of 5 years' experience in a nursing home facility with
knowledge of gerontological problems.
Current CPR certification.
The ability to relate to long-term care/sub-acute rehabilitation
Good communication skills; must understand English; written, oral
Must be able to observe and demonstrate proper safety and sanitary
Must be a team player, able to work independently, and with a wide
variety of individuals.
Maintains a responsible and positive attitude.
Good organizational skills.
Must be able to multitask.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF DAILY FUNCTIONING:
The following is intended to outline the essential responsibilities
of the position. - -
1. - - - - - Delivers competent nursing care under the supervision
of a Registered Nurse and according to the plan of care derived
from Physician's Orders and RN Assessment.
2. - - - - - Ensures that residents are free from abuse,
mistreatment and neglect.
3. - - - - - Confers with resident's physicians to clarify medical
orders and direct care. - Makes rounds with physician as needed as
picks up Physician Orders accurately and enters them into the
electronic medical record (SIGMA). - Receives telephone orders from
the physician and enters them accurately into SIGMA.
4. - - - - - Admits, transfer and discharge residents as needed
5. - - - - - Charts progress notes in an informative and
descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident
as well as resident's response to care. - Signs and dates all
entries made in the medical record.
6. - - - - - Reviews MAR/TAR for completeness of information,
accuracy in the transcription of the physician' order and necessary
initials to indicate doses administered.
7. - - - - - Participates in analyzing and interpreting data and
making informed judgement as to the specific elements of nursing
care, using appropriate resources and MD/NP consultation.
8. - - - - - Performs controlled substances count with relieving
nurse and obtains unit keys. - Ensures accuracy if count. - Assumes
responsibility for controlled substances throughout the shift and
reports discrepancies or torn blister packs to the supervisor.
a. - - - - - - If a control substance is wasted it must be
co-signed by the supervisor
b. - - - - - Do not leave the building with the keys. If you must
leave the building, you must count out with the nurse who is given
1. - - - - - Receives report from the shift supervisor or designee
and goes on walking rounds. -
2. - - - - - Assess all residents on report.
3. - - - - - Gives report to the Nursing Assistants, Hall Monitors
and Feeders. - Completes the assignment books with the directives
for the aides.
4. - - - - - Dispenses medications safely as per facility protocol
and established nursing practice.
5. - - - - - Performs treatments safely as per facility protocol
and established nursing practice.
6. - - - - - Responds to emergencies and codes.
7. - - - - - Participates in facility surveys and Quality Assurance
8. - - - - - Ensures Regulatory Compliance.
9. - - - - - Manages and supervises unit staff. - Informs Nursing
Supervisor of any staffing concerns.
10. - Makes supervisor aware of all changes in resident's
condition, including falls, change of cognition, elevation of
11. - Contributes to resident's individualized plan of care in
which needs are identified and achievable goals are set. -
Implements nursing care plan in an organized manner, establishes
and reorders priorities as needed. - Evaluates outcomes of basic
12. - Maintains all infection control protocols and reinforces
protocols with staff. - Monitors residents on isolation.
13. - Documents as per facility protocols. -Maintains medical
record, both paper and electronic and thins paper record as needed
according to facility protocol.
14. - Orders medications from the pharmacy, as needed. -Accepts
pharmacy delivery of meds, except controlled substances, which only
the supervisor can accept.
15. - Reports to supervisor any potential safety hazards
immediately along with securing the area in question.
16. - Intervenes immediately with resident/staff crisis and alerts
17. - Reports to supervisor any suspected or witnessed abuse
immediately, once the resident has been removed from harm.
18. - Collects lab specimens but does not accept critical lab
results. - The supervisor or RN designee is responsible for the
critical labs. - May assist the phlebotomist in transporting the
resident to a private location as lab personnel are not permitted
to transport residents.
19. - Collaborate, cooperate and communicate with other health care
providers to ensure quality and continuity of care.
20. - Attends Interdisciplinary Team Care Meetings as directed as
part of the interdisciplinary team.
21. - Discusses the resident's status with the sponsor and notifies
them of any changes.
22. - Participates in health teaching for the resident and
family/significant other. - Explains procedures to residents and
family members and assists them in coping with illnesses. -
Keywords: White Oaks Nursing and Rehab, Stamford , Full time LPN's needed!, Healthcare , Woodbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!