ShopRite - Pharmacist
Company: ShopRite Markets
Posted on: August 7, 2022
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping
them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do
and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities
- Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us
make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of
our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while safely dispensing
medication pursuant to prescription orders and to provide
attentive, knowledgeable and friendly service to all customers,
while monitoring patient drug therapies.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but
are not limited to, the following:
* Must be 21 years of age or older.
* Must possess current unrestricted state Pharmacist license,
registration, immunization license or certification in state where
* Must possess applicable graduate degrees.
* Must not currently be on any federal government exclusion lists
(i.e. OIG, GSA), have any active suspensions, sanctions, or other
restrictions related to participation in a private, federal, or
state health insurance program upon hire and thereafter.
* Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, type, analyze,
interpret, and understand the English language.
* Ability to perform mathematical functions, including ability to
add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using
whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
* Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift,
which may exceed 8 hours per day.
* Ability to fill prescriptions by possessing necessary finger/hand
* Ability to identify and distinguish colors, shapes, and
* Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly
lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
* Ability to work in varying temperatures.
* Ability to tolerate dust and chemical agents during routine
* Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful
* Ability to work cooperatively with others.
* Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all
time and attendance policies.
* Ability to proficiently use all required computer hardware and
* Must preserve confidentiality of information.
* Must comply with all company policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the
Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These
functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous
service and assistance while providing accurate and up to date
information on prescription, over-the-counter and other health
issues as requested.
* Maintain current registration and have pharmacological knowledge
by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional
publications and participating in professional societies.
* Comply with State and Federal drug laws as regulated by the State
Board of Pharmacy, HIPAA, the Drug Enforcement Agency and the Food
and Drug Administration.
* Manage inventory in the Pharmacy in accordance with Company
policy and all Local, State, and Federal regulations.
* Maintain appropriate security of Pharmacy Department.
* Focus on patient safety and therapeutic efficacy by preparing
medication and reviewing and interpreting physician orders;
detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
* Interact with physicians and utilize reference material to gain
information on Customers and prescriptions and to resolve any
issues that arise.
* Dispense medications in an accurate and efficient manner while
following Company policy and government regulations.
* Monitor drug therapies and advise on interventions when
* Proactively advance pharmacy clinical initiatives to improve
patient care and strengthen third party relationships. Examples of
this include completing assigned Medication Therapy Management
(MTM) cases, performing point-of-care testing (where applicable),
administering immunizations, and serving as a resource for chronic
disease state management.
* Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25
lbs. and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
* Assist with the onboarding of new department Associates,
including interviewing, selection and training, in accordance with
Company policies and procedures and all Local, State, and Federal
labor laws and regulations.
* Drive medication adherence to maximize patient care and minimize
the negative impact of DIR fees by utilizing adherence tools (i.e.
automatic refill, pharmacy management system adherence
* Mentor, train and develop a high functioning Pharmacy team by
providing developmental opportunities and challenging assignments
to all Associates to grow and develop while tailoring to meet each
* Supervise the work completed by Pharmacy Technicians and support
* Maintain an open line of communication and work cooperatively
with all Associates and business partners, including but not
limited to third party auditors.
* Maintain proper staffing to meet projected sales and Customer
* Ensure continuous improvement and maintain a competitive
advantage by promoting efficiency programs and understanding
metrics as they pertain to Pharmacy operations.
* Utilize all required equipment, applications and current
technology as relates to Pharmacy Operations.
* Ensure accuracy of all insurance claims, including but not
limited to third party insurance, private insurance companies,
Medicare, or Medicaid.
* Work cooperatively with HABA Department Associates and In-Store
Dietitians for all programs related to Health and Wellness.
* Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which may
exceed 8 hours per day.
* Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the
* Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to
* Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to
* Exhibit the utmost professionalism and confidentiality when
dealing with patients and their health information.
* Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in
accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
* Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
* Perform duties in accordance with the Company's HAZCOM program
and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and
proper use of all chemical products.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies,
safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State
and Federal health and civil code regulations as they pertain to
* Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service
Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and
* Complete all applicable department training programs.
* Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
* Work the hours to meet the needs of the department.
* Work cooperatively with others.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential
job functions and general nature of the work being performed and
are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required
to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job
description at any time and to require Associates to perform other
tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive
considerations, or the work environment change. This job
description is not a guarantee of employment.
Keywords: ShopRite Markets, Stamford , ShopRite - Pharmacist, Healthcare , Hauppauge, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!