Hospice Care Registered Nurse - Nassau - 10k Sign on Bonus
Company: Northwell Health
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Job DescriptionJob DescriptionPerforms an age specific plan of
care for a designated group of patients using the nursing process
of assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning,
implementation and evaluation of patient care. Collaborates with
physicians and other health team members in coordinating and
implementing procedures and treatments. Uses leadership
skills/clinical judgment in coordinating patient care and
directing/delegating activities of the patient care unit team.Job
- Conducts pre-admission screening and initial nursing health
assessment on new patients; assess body systems (cardiac, vascular,
neurological, and gastrointestinal, etc.); develops nursing plan of
care and goals based on patients needs.
- Provides nursing care to patients to include but not limited to
supervising diet, medication, activity level of client, supervising
safety in the home and activities of daily living.
- Evaluates the provision of nursing care to patients including
but not limited to Evaluation of physical, therapy, occupational
therapy, speech, therapy, nutrition counseling and respiratory
therapy, Contracting agency nurses.
- Trains and evaluates home health aides, homemakers and personal
care workers in the patient's home, recommending personnel changes
to the administration of Hospice as is necessary.
- Determines the need for, and recommends the rental or purchase
of medical equipment and/or supplies for patients.
- Provides on-going evaluation of equipment for defects, repairs
or additional needs.
- Recommends to the Hospice IDG (Interdisciplinary Group) when
physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, nutritional
counseling and respiratory therapy are warranted, as per his/her
clinical assessment; requests physician written orders for changes
in the plan of care as is appropriate; reports to and consults
regarding patient status; participates in on-going orientation and
in-service training offered both within and outside the
- Participates in on-call coverage system on a rotating basis;
serves as a liaison in maintaining the Hospice patients Plan of
Care while inpatient; refers major or recurrent problems to the
Hospice supervising nurse.
- Participates in the on-going Quality Improvement Program.
- Physical Demands are constant - standing and walking; frequent
- stooping, bending, stretching, lifting, pulling, pushing, and
turning; lifting of objects from 10 lbs. to 150 lbs. and pushes
objects up to 200 lbs.; occasional - sitting; lifting with
assistance objects greater than 150 lbs.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted
here are considered essential functions of the job under the
Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but
considered related are not essential functions.Job Qualification
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. Bachelor's
Degree in Nursing, preferred. Must be enrolled in an accredited BSN
program within two (2) years and obtain a BSN Degree within five
(5) years of job entry date.
- Current License to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse
in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as
Keywords: Northwell Health, Stamford , Hospice Care Registered Nurse - Nassau - 10k Sign on Bonus, Healthcare , Woodbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!