Registered Nurse Supervisor - Part-Time - Nights
Company: Stamford Hospital
Posted on: June 23, 2022
The Nursing Supervisor is responsible for the coordination and
supervision of hospital and patient care services. He/She provides
leadership for clinical excellence, personnel management, resource
management, fiscal accountability and maintenance of positive
working relationships with staff, physicians, patients, visitors,
volunteers, community agency representatives and the public. The
Nursing Supervisor participates in nursing and hospital-wide
activities to achieve department and organizational goals. He/She
makes decisions and acts in the absence of Nursing Management
and/or hospital administration. All job duties are performed in a
manner that demonstrates the organization's values of teamwork,
compassion, integrity, respect, and accountability.This position is
part-time, night shift.#RN123
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing is highly preferred. Registered
Nurse in the State of Connecticut.
- ACLS certification is required.
- Critical care experience preferred
- Prior leadership experience is required. Work requires
knowledge of theories, principles and concepts acquired through a
minimum of 4 years in clinical nursing.
- We are committed to building an inclusive workplace that values
diversity and inclusion and reflects the diversity of the community
and patients we serve.
- This position requires the knowledge to apply admission
criteria to all admissions based on generally recognized standards,
i.e. Interqual, Medicare
- Requires the ability to assess a complex picture of detail in
order to identify problems, problem solve, and re-prioritize.
- Requires ability to make personnel decisions in short periods
- Requires ability to adapt well to changing priorities, instant
deadlines and constant interruptions.
- The Nursing Supervisor must possess excellent organizational
skills and requires advanced interpersonal/communication skills
both orally and in writing.
- Competency with Microsoft Windows based software specifically
database and scheduling software such as MS Office or equivalent
required. Competency with Vocera or equivalent is required.
- Experience with scheduling software such as Optilink or
equivalent is preferred.
- Completes required continuous training and education, including
department specific requirements.
- Demonstrates professional work behavior by following Service
Standards and Success factors. Complies with departmental
organizational policies and procedures and adheres to external
Keywords: Stamford Hospital, Stamford , Registered Nurse Supervisor - Part-Time - Nights, Healthcare , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!