Nurse Practitioner- Medicine (Part Time)
Company: Northwell Health
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Job DescriptionJob DescriptionPerforms a variety of functions
and technical procedures necessary for patient admission,
assessment, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up, and outcome
evaluation. Participates in performance improvement, research, and
educational activities.Job Responsibility
- Takes initial patient histories and performs physical
- Initiates, documents, and communicates the plan of care and
follows up to ensure complete screening and preparation of
- Performs daily patient rounds.
- Writes orders for medications, laboratory work, and diagnostic
- Interprets laboratory and test results.
- Confers with attending physicians, residents, nursing staff,
and/or other care providers to ensure optimum quality of patient
- Upon discharge, notes discharge summaries, prescriptions, and
any referrals on patient charts.
- Informs patients of the necessary post-discharge care
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted
here are considered essential functions of the job under the
Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but
considered related are not essential functions.Job Qualification
- Master's Degree in a Nurse Practitioner Program and National
Board Certification in specialty area required.
- Current license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in New York
State, and current license to practice as a Registered Professional
Nurse in New York State, required.
- Has a collaborative practice agreement with designated
protocols filed with NYS Department of Education OR collaborative
relationship attestation as per the Nurse Practitioner
Modernization Act 2015.
- Current BLS certification, required.
Keywords: Northwell Health, Stamford , Nurse Practitioner- Medicine (Part Time), Healthcare , Woodbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!