Operating Room Registered Nurse (FT) - Specialty Surgery Center of CT
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: May 14, 2022
# of Openings: 1
Category: Registered Nurse
System ID: 18724
Group Name: Acela
Salary Min: USD $31.15/Hr.
Salary Max: USD $55.77/Hr.
The Specialty Surgery Center of Connecticut is hiring a full-time
OR Registered Nurse. This team has a three day weekend (Saturday,
Sunday, and Mondays OFF) every week and can work Tues- Friday up to
10 hour days. We also offer flexibility with hours (do you only
want 30 hours? Great, we can accommodate you!). For us its about
getting great people like you in the door and understanding that
families and personal lives matter!
Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic benefits...
- Positive work culture
- Career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance - eligible
on Day 1 of employment
- Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is transforming specialty care in
our communities. We relentlessly create value by aligning
physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal:
delivering exceptional care and healing to our patients and
communities we serve. We are driven to achieve the quadruple aim in
health care: high quality outcomes and a better experience for
patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care. As a
national leader in surgical care, SCA's 10,000 teammates operate
more than 250 surgical facilities that serve nearly 1 million
patients per year. For more information on SCA, visit
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
We are actively hiring for an Registered Nurse (RN) Operating
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides nursing care to ensure the safety of the patient.
- Directs and assists in carrying out safe aseptic, sterile
techniques, and procedures.
- To perform various tasks as an OR circulator.
- Assumes responsibility that the OR is prepared for the
- Assist in transporting patient to OR and checks patient record
for appropriate pre-op preparation and procedures.
- Verifies that appropriate surgical prep is completed.
- Completes documentation for OR records, laboratory
requisitions, and patient chart
- Supervises and assists with the proper and safe positioning of
- Performs sponge, needle, and instrument counts
- Takes ownership for all surgical specimens properly.
- Secures emergency equipment and supplies as needed.
- Provides assistance to teammates, surgeons, and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Good communication skills that promote safe patient care.
Education - Required:
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current licensure in the State of Connecticut as a Registered
- Must be current in BCLS
- ACLS/PALS certification within six months of hire date
(applicable to scope of service)
Education - Preferred:
- Computer literacy
- BSN Degree
- Previous work experience in an ambulatory surgery setting or
acute hospital operating room of no less than one (1) year.
- Ability to meet deadlines
As a representative of Surgical Care Affiliates, all comments,
attitudes, actions, and behaviors have a direct impact on the
Facility's success. Interaction with patients, families,
physicians, referral sources, affiliated schools, visitors,
volunteers, co-workers, supervisors, vendors, etc. must be in a
manner that is friendly, supportive, courteous, respectful,
cooperative, and professional. This behavior should promote an
atmosphere of teamwork, a culture of safety, and in accordance with
SCA Core Values.
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Stamford , Operating Room Registered Nurse (FT) - Specialty Surgery Center of CT, Healthcare , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!