Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist Bedford Anesthesia, PLLC - Mount Kisco, NY
Company: Bedford Anesthesia, PLLC
Location: Mount Kisco
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Under general supervision, provides independent acute and/or
routine medical care to a specified population. Provides
consultation and advice to others as a highly-specialized
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtains detailed history and develops patient care charts;
performs physical examinations and evaluations on assigned
patients; assesses and treats medical problems and provides direct
patient care to a specified patient population.
- Assists in providing pre-op and post-op care; writes
appropriate orders, including those for narcotics, stimulants, and
- Notifies attending physician on call, house physician on call,
or supervising physician regarding any unusual or unexpected events
or problems requiring direct physician consultation.
- Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control
- Supervises and/or coordinates the activities of patient care
and support staff within the clinic.
- Writes progress notes on patients' charts indicating patient
status and treatment procedures performed; maintains other records
- Provides health education to patients, families and/or
community health practitioners and groups; may train and supervise
medical residents engaged in specific clinical activities.
- Enhances professional growth and development through
participation in educational programs, current literature,
in-service meetings, and workshops.
- May perform clinical research related to specific
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
- Knowledge of drugs and their indications, contraindications,
dosing, side effects, and proper administration.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control
- Ability to perform medical examinations using standard medical
- Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
- Ability to clearly communicate medical information to
professional practitioners and/or the general public.
- Ability to educate patients and/or families as to the nature of
disease and to provide instruction on proper care and
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in technologies,
techniques, issues, and approaches in area of expertise.
- Knowledge of patient care charts and patient
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency
- Knowledge of OR, pre-op and/or post-op procedures.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification
- Ability to make administrative and procedural
- Skill in preparing and maintaining patient records.
- Knowledge of primary care principles and practices.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include
organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and
Qualifications and Education:
Master's degree in nursing with advanced skills in physical
assessment OR Possession of a Bachelor's degree, together with a
certificate from completing an American Medical Association
approved physician assistant program. Licensed to practice in
- Licensing: Registered Nurse with current unrestricted license
to practice and use the title of Nurse
Practitioner/Advanced Practice Nurse in NYS or PA
- Possession of state and federal Controlled Substance
- Training and experience: Unless otherwise indicated, one year
of current experience within the last three years in a comparable
job classification required.
- Possess current advanced certifications as required by clinical
practice area/client:(i.e. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS);
Pediatric Advanced Cardiac Life Support (PALS); Neonatal
Resuscitation Program (NRP);
- Maintenance of current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for
HealthCare Workers or Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
certification for HealthCare workers.
- Certification by American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or
the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) OR
certification by the National Commission on Certification of
Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Educated on and compliant with HIPAA regulations; maintains
strict confidentiality of client information.
- Complies with Infection Control, Standard Precautions and OSHA
standards for the healthcare professional.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment (e.g., face mask,
goggles, latex/non-latex gloves) as needed.
- Ability to work effectively within role independently and with
other team members.
- Ability to organize and complete work in a timely
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in
- Ability to understand medical/surgical terminology.
- Health Requirements- In good health and able to work without
restrictions as evidenced by Health Statement.
- Compliance with Supplemental Health Care's pre-assignment and
medical requirements including: current TB screen, or Chest X-ray
and questionnaire if proof of positive TB screen;
Measles/Mumps/Rubella immunizations or titers indicating immunity;
Hepatitis B Information or Waiver; and any additional state or
facility medical requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or
protected veteran status. CareMount is an EO employer -
Keywords: Bedford Anesthesia, PLLC, Stamford , Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist Bedford Anesthesia, PLLC - Mount Kisco, NY, Healthcare , Mount Kisco, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!