Senior Medical Director, IPA (Optum Tri-State)
Company: CareMount Medical, P.C.
Posted on: November 19, 2021
One of five regions in the Optum nationwide network, Optum
Tri-State comprises three large multispecialty groups, CareMount
Medical, ProHEALTH NY, and Riverside Medical Group. Optum Tri-State
brings patients local care, backed by national expertise. As a
premier provider of health care services, Optum Tri-State offers
services including primary care, urgent care, a diverse range of
specialty care, outpatient surgery, and imaging. The regions draws
on the knowledge of leading doctors and healthcare experts to help
1.6 million patients across 630 locations access high quality,
affordable healthcare within their community.Job Summary: The
Senior Medical Director for the IPA is responsible for leading the
IPA clinical model and developing / maintaining the clinical
relationships required for it to be successful. The role will focus
on building relationships, growing the network, and accelerating
the IPA's success in close partnership with operational, network
and finance leaders. The selected individual must be:
- A teacher, mentor, and a sounding board for the IPA
- A leader within the IPA as it develops and grows.
- An advocate for the IPA doctors.
- A champion of the Optum Care's Clinical Model and
- A partner to other IPA leadership.Essential Duties &
- Aligning IPA physicians to the Optum Care mission and
- Physician education on the principles of value-based care with
an initial focus on Medicare Advantage (MA).
- Develop and share clinical report cards, and partner with IPA
providers on action plans to achieve the quadruple aim.
- Promoting the core tenants of the Optum Care Clinical Model
- Lead healthcare transformation as physicians/clinicians.
- Align incentive frameworks for providers.
- Create an evolutionary roadmap to move providers along the
- Support decisions at the point of care, where
- Follow evidence-based pathways.
- Measure our actions and our outcomes.
- Remain agile and
- Leverage best practices from our history of excellence to
realize the Optum Care clinical
- Facilitate and coordinate wholistic and integrated person
- Remain safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient and
- Balance quality, cost, patient, and provider experience in
pursuit of the Quadruple Aim.Required Qualifications:
- Active Medical License/eligibility in the state of NY
- Board Certified
- 7+ years with direct patient care preferably in primary
- 5+ years medical leadership preferable as a medical director or
CMO leading care coordination
- Excellent written and presentation communication skills
- Familiarity with Medicare Advantage including HEDIS/Star and
- Familiarity with the principals of medical management including
Prior Authorization, Case Management, and Disease Management.
- Strong EQ with proven influence management and negotiation
- Proven ability to manage and drive team performance both in a
direct and matrixed environment.
- Proven ability to quickly gain credibility, influence, and
partner with clinical and business leaders.
- Excellent judgment, problem resolution, team building,
negotiation, conflict resolution, budgeting, decision-making, &
experience working under deadline pressure.
- Ability to tell a story via WebEx /Teams.
- Willingness to travel to IPA offices frequently/daily in
- Willingness to travel outside of immediate territory up to 25%
of the time (requiring overnight stays).Preferred Qualifications:
Familiarity with the NY healthcare market, Primary Care physician,
Healthcare payer experience.Full COVID-19 vaccination is an
essential requirement of this role. CareMount will adhere to all
federal, state and local regulations as well as all client
requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior
to employment to ensure compliance.All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran
status. CareMount is an EEO employer -
- Primary care experience preferred
- 5 year(s): Medical Leadership
- 7 year(s): Direct Patient CareLicenses &
- Board CertifiedSkillsPreferred
- Written Communication
Keywords: CareMount Medical, P.C., Stamford , Senior Medical Director, IPA (Optum Tri-State), Healthcare , Chappaqua, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!