Company: St. Catherine of Siena
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Job Details Radiology Technologist Good Samaritan Hospital
Medical Center is a 537- bed (including 100 nursing home beds)
teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health. With almost 900
physicians on staff, and a level II Trauma Center, we care for well
over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long
Island. Our reputation for excellence is built on great choices and
empowered leadership, and fosters a team that's focused on evidence
based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
The Radiology Technologist interprets doctors' orders as to the
type of radiography or treatment for the patient; positions and
immobilizes the patient and instructs patient on the procedure to
be performed. Administers non-injectable contrast material for
routine radiographs and observes patient for reactions. Sets up and
operates stationary and mobile x-ray equipment for radiographs and
special treatment. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the care and safety of patients undergoing
treatment and use of equipment to minimize hazards of electric
shock, burns and extraneous radiation to patients.
- Responsible for the safe handling of equipment. Selects
appropriate equipment for procedure.
- Instructs and prepares patients for roentgen graphic and/or
- Determines the most suitable anatomical posture and positions
and shields patients accordingly.
- Assess patient pain interfering with imaging procedure; makes
appropriate physician contact for intervention.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of
medical/health care errors.
- Prepares for special radiographic examinations requiring
special equipment and procedures.
- Determine appropriateness of examinations and contacts
physicians to clarify or modify orders when necessary. Is aware of
special instructions and comments.
- Responsible for all patient data entry.
- Corrects film labeling and lead markers and evaluates images
for proper diagnostic quality. Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent, and graduate of AMA approved
- Licenses in NYS; ARRT and CPR certified. Must obtain a minimum
of 24 Category A CME credits every two years.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Prior related experience, in a hospital setting preferred At
Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive
compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In
addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid
time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial
tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several
savings plan options for your future.
Keywords: St. Catherine of Siena, Stamford , Radiology Technologist, Healthcare , Smithtown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!