Practice Manager Breast Surgery
Company: Stamford Hospital
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Tracking Code TG-012021 Job Description Stamford Health is
committed to preventing the spread of infectious diseases and cares
about your health and the health of our employees. To that end, if
you are invited to interview in one of our offices/campuses, and
you or a member of your family and/or significant other is
experiencing symptoms (i.e. fever, coughing or other respiratory
symptoms), or you simply don't feel well, please inform the HR
Representative immediately so we may schedule your interview for a
later date. When arriving on our campus or site whether for an
interview or to begin your employment with us, please note it is
imperative you abide by CT State Guidelines on Travel Advisory
which can be found here https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/Travel .
Please schedule accordingly and update your HR Representative
immediately to make any necessary arrangements/adjustments to
scheduling.For on-site interviews, candidates are requested to wear
a medical face mask (not cloth) due to Stamford Health's
universal--masking policy.About Stamford HealthStamford Health is a
non-profit independent healthcare system with more than 3,500
employees committed to compassionately caring for the community and
offering a wide-range of high-quality health and wellness services.
Patients and their families can rely on comprehensive
person-centered care through the system's 305-bed Stamford
Hospital; Stamford Health Medical Group, with more than 30 offices
in lower Fairfield County offering primary and specialty care; a
growing number of ambulatory locations across the region; and
support through the Stamford Hospital Foundation. Stamford Health
is also a major teaching affiliate of the Columbia University
College of Physicians and Surgeons. Dedicated to being the
community's most trusted healthcare partner, Stamford Health puts
patients first to build long-lasting relationships. For more
information, visit StamfordHealth.org . Like us on Facebook and
follow us on Twitter , YouTube , and Linked In .JOB SUMMARY:The
Practice Manager will provide leadership and management to
the--Department of Breast Surgery--and will be responsible for its
day-to-day operations to ensure appropriate systems, policies and
procedures are in place to drive quality clinical outcomes,
patient, staff and physician satisfaction, and excellent financial
performance. Collaborates with physicians and SHMG administration
to develop and implement the practice business plans, measures
performance, and develops and implements improvements. The position
supports 2 Surgeons, an APRN, and 5 Support Staff in Breast Surgery
and--collaborates with Administrative Assistant--and Physician in
Imaging.--MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES / CRITICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:--
- The overall operational responsibility for the routine business
and clinical functions through administrative and clinical staff
including front desk, medical records, nursing, and ancillary
services to ensure maximum utilization of resources and the
efficient delivery of services of his or her assigned practice
- Supervise staff and oversees the management of all
administrative and clinic activities and staff.
- Resolves any medical-administrative problems and keeps lines of
communication open with staff to ensure high employee morale and a
professional, healthful clinic atmosphere.
- Responsible for developing and implementing the practice's
mission and strategic vision in a collaborative leadership
- Provides leadership in developing, planning, and implementing
the practice's business plans to the physicians.
- Measures productivity and facilitates collaborative problem
solving and communication with the physicians and executive
- Recommends, develops, implements improvements for the
- Informs physicians and executive leadership about current
trends, problems and medical activities.
- Establishes, secures approval and oversees clinic operating
policies and procedures in collaboration with the Director of
- Oversees efforts for recruitment, development, and performance
evaluation of employees in collaboration with the Director of Human
Resources and Vice President.
- Oversees the business and financial affairs of the practice in
collaboration with the Director of Revenue Cycle Management and
Director of Financial Planning.
- Manages all practice third party payer relationships, including
monitoring of related reimbursement, negotiation with third party
payers, provider credentialing, and maintenance of contracts in
collaboration with the Director of Revenue Cycle Management.
- Enhances operational effectiveness, emphasizing cost
containment without jeopardizing important innovation or quality of
- Maintains compliance with Medicare, HIPAA, OSHA, and Labor
- Represents the practice in collaboration with executive
leadership in its relationships with other health organizations,
government agencies, and third party payers.
- Ensure maintenance of the physical building, including routine
maintenance of equipment.
- Ensure ongoing commitment of excellence customer service and
supports the customer service plan.
- Ensure compliance with and knowledge of the company's Code of
Conduct by all subordinates to ensure ethical work
- Practice and adhere to Stamford Health's "Code of Conduct"
philosophy, SHMG's Standards for Service Excellence and
organizational values of: Teamwork, Integrity, Compassion, Respect
- Completes required continuous training and education, including
department specific requirements.
- Complies with departmental organizational policies and
procedures and adheres to external agency requirements. Required
- Bachelor's degree required in business or healthcare; master's
- 5 plus years managing a medical practice with exceptional
leadership and organizational/business management skills
- Strong human resources and supervisory experience with 25+
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written English
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated success in program implementation, operations, and
- Excellent knowledge of information technology and its
application to the health care environment. Electronic medical
records experience is strongly preferred.Performance Improvement
experience i.e. Lean Six sigma preferred.
- Physician Relations or Mediation experience.
- Some exposure to Billing/ Data Analysis. Job Location Stamford,
Connecticut, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Keywords: Stamford Hospital, Stamford , Practice Manager Breast Surgery, Healthcare , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!