Psychiatrist-Unit Chief-All Ages -Permanent- Stamford , CT (Physician
Company: MPLT Healthcare
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Position: Psychiatrist-Unit Chief-All Ages
Location: Stamford, CT
Duration: Permanent Position
Shift: 7a-7p or 7p-7a, flexible
MPLT Healthcare is looking for physicians who Understand the
Urgency, Never Give Up, and Have the Courage to Excel in the
forever changing medical industry! We currently have a unique
opportunity for an experienced Psychiatrist-Unit Chief-All Ages w
ith highly competitive pay rates available in Stamford, CT.
- This position will provide high quality, patient-centered care
to patients of Psychiatry Service and assist the Nurse Manager,
Clinical Operations Director Behavioral Health and Department Chair
in the discharge of Departmental duties. Unit Chief will monitor
the clinical activity of house physician psychiatrists to assure
provision of quality care to Psychiatric patients. The staff in
this position will participate in the provision of medical
education to residents, medical students and physician assistant
students. Other duties include provision of education, supervision
and clinical guidance to non-physician staff on the inpatient
psychiatry unit as well as supporting Departmental clinical quality
and performance improvement efforts. This position will also
provide supervision to Staff Psychiatrists and mid-level
practitioners in the Department.
- Provides direct clinical care to patients on Inpatient
psychiatry unit. Monitors and supervises the clinical care provided
to patients on the unit by the Staff Psychiatrist, Physician
Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, House Physicians and trainees in
- Assists in resident, medical student and physician assistant
student teaching and will also function as a teaching resource to
nursing and ancillary staff.
- Provides assistance to psychiatry C&L team and assures
timely response to Psychiatry Consultation requests from ED,
Psychiatric ED Hold and General Hospital Floors. Provides
supervision and assistance to Psychiatry mid-level staff in the
discharge of their duties at the hospital.
- Provides clinical guidance to Inpatient and Consultation
Psychiatry services, working in conjunction with the Nurse Manager,
Clinical Operations Director Behavioral Health and C&L
- Maintains readiness for regulatory surveys and actively
participates in the survey process. Assists in completing any
corrective action plans recommended by the Surveyors.
- Complies with clinical practice guidelines adopted by medical
staff, plays an active role on peer-review, performance improvement
and clinical quality improvement committees. Will serve on hospital
committees as requested by the Department Chair.
- Provides coverage for trainees during mandatory teaching
conferences and supervision.
- Facilitates psychiatric patient admission, hospital care and
discharge by working collaboratively with the inpatient staff and
- Participates in Departmental on-call coverage schedule as
requested by the Department Chair.
- Helps to resolve interdepartmental conflicts involving care of
psychiatric patients. Presents a positive image of the Department
of Psychiatry to other hospital departments and to the
- Actively participates in planning and conducting educational
programs for behavioral health and hospital staff.
- Assures compliance with all rules and regulations of
Accreditation bodies as they pertain to hospital psychiatric
- Maintains quality care system and medical record documentation
as per department of Psychiatry, Medical Staff and Hospital polices
- Performs other duties as may be required by medical staff
by-laws, departmental rules and regulations or the Department
- Assists in efforts of recruiting sufficient number of quality
health care staff to fulfill the Department of Psychiatry goals and
plans. Assess the training and developmental needs of direct
reports, creates developmental plans and conduct employee
performance reviews. Reviews and manages employee schedule and time
cards in KRONOS.
- Incorporates the hospital's mission, vision and values as well
as promotes our patient- centered care model in every day
- Follow the Hospital and Departmental policies and procedures
for the provision of quality patient care. Keeps the Departmental
policies and procedures updated. Leads the Quality Improvement
program in the Department.
- Participates in professional billing procedures of the hospital
and assures compliance with supporting documentation for the same.
- Please inquire within! About MPLT Healthcare
MPLT Healthcare specializes in placing well-qualified physicians
and advanced practice clinicians in locum, locum-to-perm and direct
hire staff and leadership positions while making this process as
seamless as possible for our clinicians and client facilities.
Don't delay, apply today!
Keyphrases: psychiatry jobs, psychiatrist jobs, psychologist jobs,
psychiatric nurse practitioner jobs
Keywords: MPLT Healthcare, Stamford , Psychiatrist-Unit Chief-All Ages -Permanent- Stamford , CT (Physician, Healthcare , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!