Associate Brand Manager, Nivea Body
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Associate Brand Manager, NIVEA Body Caring for skin means caring
for people At Beiersdorf, we want to help people feel good about
their skin - and our commitment goes far beyond caring for skin.
For 140 years, we have developed innovative skin and body care
products for well-known brands such as NIVEA, Eucerin, La Prairie,
Hansaplast, and Labello. We act according to our purpose, WE CARE
BEYOND SKIN, and take responsibility for our consumers, our
employees, the environment and society. Behind every brand, every
product and every accomplishment are our more than 20,000
employees. It is for them that we live an inclusive culture of
respect and trust that is strongly aligned with our values - CARE,
COURAGE, SIMPLICITY and TRUST. We also embrace diversity by valuing
the uniqueness of each individual and being committed to equal
opportunities for all. A welcoming workplace that offers personal
and professional growth for all individuals. At Beiersdorf, you'll
- A welcoming workplace that fosters diversity, inclusion and
belonging where every team member feels valued, respected, and
- Nimble teams that enjoy challenging work and the ability to
make an impact
- A dynamic community of life-long learners that values acumen,
aptitude and the ability to learn as well as hard skills and
- A purpose-led company that cares about your personal and
professional development with the right balance of structure and
flexibility to thrive
- A collaborative culture that leads with care, trust, simplicity
and courage Unique benefits that consider the whole person.
We understand that you have a life outside of work, and we support
you with unique benefits including:
- Generous and flexible PTO policy
- Summer Friday hours
- Paid Parental Leave
- Comprehensive Wellness and Benefits program
- Cash Balance Plan (similar to a pension)
- 401k match
- Growing number of Employee Resource Groups or affinity groups -
to foster meaningful connections and belonging with other
- Dynamic work model - a hybrid of in-office collaboration and
remote focused work days Experience, skills and competencies that
lend themselves to this role: We know that experience comes in all
forms and we're not necessarily looking for individuals who can hit
the ground running ('check all the boxes') but may bring a unique
blend of competence and capabilities that can grow into a role
and/or bring news skills to the team. OVERVIEW: This role will
manage the day-to-day operations for the NIVEA HBL (Creme & Soft)
business in the U.S., supporting the Senior Brand Manager. This
includes budget management, business analysis, marketing program
execution, sampling coordination, promotion management, product
innovation, market research and country requests. This role will
own the marketing execution of NIVEA Creme & Soft activations and
will be required to coordinate and work seamlessly with internal
and external stakeholders ensuring consistency. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead monthly business analysis including a deep understanding
of brand performance and key drivers, tracking competitor activity
and drivers of performance, and new product tracking.
- Own and manage the brand budget including development of annual
budget, management of line items, opening and closing PO's,
contract approvals and tracking progress throughout the year.
- Assist in the development of the annual marketing plans in line
with brand vision and financial objectives. This includes
promotions, FSI's, PR and digital/social media.
- Own execution of marketing plans for NIVEA (Creme & Soft)
including promotions, shopper marketing, and digital programs.
Brand lead for owned channels, promotions & shopper.
- Manage forecasting & delivery of sampling programs - including
consumer and shopper programs.
- Support new product launches and development of innovation
pipeline - including market analysis, volume forecasting,
coordinating sales samples, logistics, artwork signoffs, etc.
- Collaborate with sales and go to market teams to develop
winning strategies and sell-in stories for top accounts. Work
closely with the sales team to gain incremental distribution.
- Lead and motivate the cross-functional teams to ensure programs
are progressing on track. REQUIREMENTS:
- 3-5 years of experience, ideally in brand management on
consumer products. More data driven background (i.e. Nielsen/IRI),
with a passion for brands could be considered. Experience in
Skincare, Personal Care or Beauty/Cosmetics a plus. MBA a
- Experience in digital first marketing; inclusive of social
- Experience in digital and ecommerce as well as Food, Drug, and
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Bias for action coupled with patience.
- Critical thinking skills with ability to navigate ambiguity and
- Results oriented team player with an entrepreneurial
- Must have strong leadership and project management skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Solid experience with Nielsen and/or IRI is a must.
- Must be able to manage complexity in a fast-paced environment,
including working cross functionally and with global teams. % Time
Major activities (what position does) Summary of Responsibilities
20% Budget Management
- Ownership over brand budget including day to day management.
Lead annual budget planning process, manage PO process, contract
approvals, and recommend budget savings as needed. 25% Business
Analysis including S&OP
- Deep understanding of business performance, business health,
and key drivers
- Deep business analysis of competition
- On-going understanding of account level challenges
- Overall brand health analysis including detailed database pulls
(B. One & IRI)
- Development and management of new item launch tracking
- Expert on all internal business analytics tools
- Develop analysis for marketing forecasts
- Manage monthly brand report, including data inputs and
- Monthly market share modelling & inputs to cross functional
month end report 25% Cross Functional Collaboration Lead
- Lead on Supply Chain for day-to-day collaboration
- Lead on Finance requests related to budget management
- Own logistical elements for new product
- Manage bi-weekly cross functional meeting
- Collaboration with Sales and Trade Marketing
- Execution of key brand promotions
- Artwork development & routing
- Own commitments as part of project and gate process
- Work closely with go to market team to build sales stories to
retailers 20% Marketing Plans Execution
- Contribute to annual communication planning process
- Marketing lead on all social, shopper marketing and sampling
- Marketing lead on promotions including collaboration with cross
functional teams and approval of programs
- Marketing lead on website updates (including back-end item
set-up), updates on Amazon & newsletters
- Post marketing program analysis & recommendations
- Brand lead on internal events for brand 10% Misc
- Ad hoc analysis and requests, presentations, sales meeting
preparation, management of database updates, store checks, etc. At
Beiersdorf, we embrace Diversity and aim to provide equal
opportunities to all of our applicants - regardless of e.g. gender,
sexual identity, nationality, ethnicity, religion or ideology,
disability or age. We would therefore kindly ask you to include
only information and data in your documents which are relevant for
the assessment of your application (e.g. curriculum vitae with
relevant references and certificates). For instance, please feel
free to upload your CV without a picture. Beiersdorf North America
Company Culture Highlights
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Compensation
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Leadership Teams
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Places to Work in New
- Beiersdorf North America is ranked in the top 5% of companies
for Compensation on Comparably.
- Product Department is ranked in the top 5% of companies for
Overall Culture on Comparably. Check us out on Comparably:
https://www.comparably.com/companies/beiersdorf Having trouble
applying? Go to www.BeiersdorfUSA.com to search our careers page.
Beiersdorf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Beiersdorf, Stamford , Associate Brand Manager, Nivea Body, Executive , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!