General Manager In Training
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Statement of Purpose:
The General Manager is responsible for executing the store plan to achieve established standards, sales, local marketing programs and profits. This is done primarily by staffing, personnel training, operating, and maintaining the store such that customer satisfaction is maximized.
Sales and Profits:
1. Meets budgeted sales targets.
2. Sets controllable cost targets.
3. Meets controllable cost targets.
4. Develops (with DM) and executes a local store marketing plan (promoting Wendy's in the community) in response to market conditions such as competitor pricing and other competitor activities.
5. Responds to competitor activities aimed at diverting store business.
6. Develops and executes plan to improve sales and profits.
1. Sets store budget goals monthly.
2. Meets monthly budget goals.
3. Communicates anticipated variances to the District Manager.
4. Develops appropriate time definite plans to resolve unfavorable trends in controllables, Q.S.C., sales and profits.
5. Reviews, analyzes and communicates budget, P&L information to staff and manager.
1. Determines crew staffing requirements and ensures co-manager hires crew in advance of need.
2. Ensures and maintains adequate bench strength in management team.
3. Ensures co-manager has adequate crew depth for each shift.
4. Utilizes W.O.T.C. program.
5. Maintains process for handling applications and files.
1. Trains store personnel (management and crew) to execute procedures for preparation and serving of quality products.
2. Talks with customers during walk-throughs and when off-line to determine product and service quality.
3. Resolves customer complaints within 24 hours of receipt.
1. Takes service times and determines efficiency.
2. Trains store personnel to respond promptly to customer needs.
3. Trains store personnel in customer courtesy.
4. Trains store personnel to solicit feedback to determine customer satisfaction.
1. Trains store personnel to maintain store cleanliness during shifts.
2. Writes store cleaning plan.
3. Executes cleaning plan through delegation to the management team.
4. Achieves above satisfactory Q.S.C. scores consistently.
1. Trains store personnel to execute new products to company standards.
2. Trains store personnel in company standards (Quality, Service and Cleanliness), as these standards are modified by operational changes.
3. Orients new managers and crew to the store.
4. Writes and manages a development plan for each manager based on position descriptions.
5. Manages Crew Orientation and Training process.
6. Promotes high-performing crew members to available crew leader and shift supervisor positions.
7. Trains managers in the use of store "systems" for Q.S.C. and cost controls.
8. Trains managers to identify problems and develop alternative solutions.
9. Trains and develops managers on Managing Better Shifts skills.
10. Provides leadership and mentoring training to management team.
1. Meets or exceeds the 80% Q.S.C. level.
2. Conducts own informal Q.S.C. inspections.
3. Manages production labor control and food cost control using flowcharts, "build-to" system, and store schedule and positioning system.
4. Monitors and manages store inventory levels to ensure product/item availability (ordering is responsibility of Assistant Manager).
5. Analyzes weekly P&L; reviews with the management team.
6. Holds weekly manager meeting.
7. Sets store priorities, incorporating store and area objectives.
8. Writes and executes store plans (based on priorities agreed-upon with the DM); includes responsibilities delegated to other managers.
9. Identifies, evaluates and responds appropriately to labor efficiency problems.
10. Maintains, modifies as necessary, and utilizes store systems to provide consistent operations and customer satisfaction.
11. Establishes realistic and meaningful daily operational goals for management and staff.
Policies and Procedures
1. Follows procedures as outlined in the Operations Manual and other company manuals.
2. Maintain safe working conditions in the store as outlined in company policies and procedures.
3. Follows company policy for cash control and security.
4. Reports accidents promptly and accurately.
5. Follows procedures for resolving operational problems indicated by Health Department Inspectors.
6. Manages employee files and time cards strictly in accordance with policies.
7. Manages shifts effectively using guidelines within "Managing Better Shifts" or similar checklist.
8. Complies with EEO and Labor Law requirements.
9. Ensures managers understand and adhere to Policies and Procedures.
1. Maintains maximum variance .25% between reported and actual.
2. Submits paperwork on a timely basis.
3. Responds promptly to customer comments.
4. Conducts exit interviews as required by area procedures.
1. Trains crew and management to perform scheduled cleaning and maintenance of equipment (Preventative Maintenance Program).
2. Calibrates equipment (as trained by maintenance technician).
3. Follows procedures for reporting maintenance problems; tracks progress to completion.
1. Uses consistent practices in managing performance problems with managers and crew (Interaction Management).
2. Manages crew and management in a manner which maximizes retention (reducing turnover).
3. Conducts manager meetings to facilitate communication with management and crew; sets priorities.
4. Manages grievance process; communicates process to the crew.
1. Conducts management performance reviews on a timely basis.
2. Takes appropriate corrective action in response to performance problems of crew and management.
1. Wendy's operating systems and procedures.
2. Wendy's policies and procedures.
3. P&L analysis and corrective measures.
4. Supervisory practices.
5. Planning and budgeting.
6. Interviewing practices.
7. Training and development practices.
1. College degree or equivalent experience in operations.
1. 1-2 years management / operations experience in the restaurant industry.
2. Must be able to perform all restaurant operations positions/functions
Statement of Purpose:
Keywords: Wendy's, Stamford , General Manager In Training, Executive , Brookhaven, Connecticut
here to apply!