Vice President, Accounting Accounting Stamford, CT
Company: Wolfe Research, LLC
Posted on: May 27, 2023
We are seeking a full-time Vice President, Accounting who will
play a pivotal role in the growth of the Accounting department and
the overall development of the company. You will be given
challenging tasks and process ownership that will allow you to
showcase technical knowledge, problem-solving skills and creativity
in a fast paced, growing environmentWhat will you do?
- Manages the general accounting function, which includes
inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial
reporting, balance sheet management
- Provides technical accounting GAAP guidance and support to all
- Ensures that company financial records, under responsibility,
are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP.
Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations
and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with
qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and
responsibilities, noted above. Responsible for continued
development of these associates.
- Ensure income tax compliance related to domestic and foreign
operations, including preparing returns and estimated
- Assist other tax and administrative projects as they
- Assist with quarterly and year-end tax preparation for
- Manage day-to-day operations of the AR department; create,
implement and maintain policies, procedures and controls.
- Manage and streamline billing and collection process and cash
application functions for the company.
- Oversee administration of the employee expense reimbursement
system including employee set up and terminations, managing
inquiries, and providing trainings with the global employees.
- Seek opportunities for synergy, improvement, simplification and
automation of existing processes and reporting across expense
related expenditures and pursue continuous improvement in order to
scale for growth.
- Establish monthly travel and expense analysis reporting
standards for distribution to management team in support of budget
and policy compliance objectives.
- Mentor, and manage the junior staff.
- Participation in special projects, including new system
implementations and integrations.
- Special projects including regulatory exams and requests for
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Familiarity with accounting principles and standard
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, and able to work on multiple
time sensitive projects.
- Solid technical skills in particular Microsoft Excel
- Strong organizational/project management skills and attention
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a
- Ability to execute multiple projects, simultaneously in a
- Superb attention to detail and able to deliver results in a
fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite is a must (e.g. Word,
- Experience in federal, state income tax, sales and use,
property tax matters.Experience/Education:
- 8+ years' experience corporate finance experience, financial
services industry preferred
- Bachelor degree in accounting/finance ore related fields.
- Experience at a financial services firm is a plus.
- CPA is preferred.
- NetSuite experience is highly recommended; Chrome River EXPENSE
is a plus.To Apply:Interested candidates should apply here and send
a resume and cover letter expressing why you believe you'd be a
great fit for this position to email@example.com with "Vice
President, Accounting" in the subject line.About Wolfe Research:At
Wolfe Research we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work
and pay transparency is an integral practice for that. We intend to
offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, based on
non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to skill-set,
job-related experience, and location.Wolfe Research recruits,
employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender identity or sexual
orientation, disability, age, citizenship or other characteristics.
At Wolfe Research, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of
talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We
pride ourselves on bringing integrity and objectiveness to our
research process and we know our company's biggest strength is the
hard work, collaboration and diverse views and opinions of our
passionate and creative employees. We are fully focused on equality
and believe deeply that diversity of race, gender, sexual
orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other
fascinating characteristics that make us different, also make us
Keywords: Wolfe Research, LLC, Stamford , Vice President, Accounting Accounting Stamford, CT, Executive , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...