Director, Digital Commerce
Company: Beiersdorf Inc
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Caring for skin means caring for peopleAt Beiersdorf, we want to
help people feel good about their skin - and our commitment goes
far beyond caring for skin. For 140 years, we have developed
innovative skin and body care products for well-known brands such
as NIVEA, Eucerin, La Prairie, Hansaplast, and Labello. We act
according to our purpose, WE CARE BEYOND SKIN, and take
responsibility for our consumers, our employees, the environment
and society. Behind every brand, every product and every
accomplishment are our more than 20,000 employees. It is for them
that we live an inclusive culture of respect and trust that is
strongly aligned with our values - CARE, COURAGE, SIMPLICITY and
TRUST. We also embrace diversity by valuing the uniqueness of each
individual and being committed to equal opportunities for all.A
welcoming workplace that offers personal and professional growth
for all individuals.At Beiersdorf, you'll find:
- A welcoming workplace that fosters diversity, inclusion and
belonging where every team member feels valued, respected, and
- Nimble teams that enjoy challenging work and the ability to
make an impact
- A dynamic community of life-long learners that values acumen,
aptitude and the ability to learn as well as hard skills and
- A purpose-led company that cares about your personal and
professional development with the right balance of structure and
flexibility to thrive
- A collaborative culture that leads with care, trust, simplicity
and courage Unique benefits that consider the whole person.
We understand that you have a life outside of work, and we support
you with unique benefits including:
- Generous and flexible PTO policy
- Summer Friday hours
- Paid Parental Leave
- Comprehensive Wellness and Benefits program
- Cash Balance Plan (similar to a pension)
- 401k match
- Growing number of Employee Resource Groups or affinity groups -
to foster meaningful connections and belonging with other
- Dynamic work model - a hybrid of in-office collaboration and
remote focused work daysExperience, skills and competencies that
lend themselves to this role: We know that experience comes in all
forms and we're not necessarily looking for individuals who can hit
the ground running ('check all the boxes') but may bring a unique
blend of competence and capabilities that can grow into a role
and/or bring news skills to the team. OVERVIEW:The Director,
Digital Commerce is a key member of the Sales Leadership Team at
Beiersdorf and shares responsibility for defining the US sales
strategy. The Director, Digital Commerce will define the digital
commerce strategy and ensure it is executed across all channels.
The successful candidate will be an influencer among their peers to
ensure profitability and execute new growth opportunities in the
channel. This role has a team of 10 and will be responsible for
developing and retaining sales talent. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver the US eCommerce sales growth strategy.
- Leads team of 10 employees.
- Proactively assess organizational structure to ensure resources
are allocated properly to execute strategy. Propose & execute
changes when gaps are identified.
- Maintain relationship & update global ecommerce leaders on US
- Create, define and execute ecommerce strategy. Enroll & embed
ecommerce strategy into the organization.
- Drives organizational capability in digital commerce and sits
on CLT/LT for Digital specific topics.
- Set & drive the right ecommerce channel goals and KPI's to
ensure long term strategy is achieved.
- Lead and implement ways of working with extended ecommerce
- Create Amazon retail media strategy, drive decisions with brand
and push agencies to maximize impact.
- Understands Brand strategy and oversees/guides its translation
into eCom growth plans and eCommerce playbook (MAPPs).
- Responsible for ecommerce channel P&L. Build financial
rigor on ecommerce team. Partners with finance to execute
profitability while growing business and maintain ecommerce
- Build and leverage customer intelligence.
- Stay current on ecommerce/digital trends and apply proactive
approach to strategy.
- Bring expertise to make recommendations internally on how to
WIN in ecommerce.
- Lead top level customer negotiations and manage senior level
relationships with ecommerce customers.
- Signs off on FC/S&OP for ecommerce, ensure effective
implementation of sales initiatives and programs through fact-based
- Lead team to effectively manage key growth levers such as trade
terms and conditions, promotions and shopper marketing
- Champion cross collaboration with all other departments or key
stakeholders such as: brand marketing, integrated media, sales
controlling, demand planning, customer service and
- Keep leadership team and other key stakeholders up to date on
strategic progress. REQUIREMENTS:
- MBA preferred
- 8+ years in account management, with 3-5 years in leadership
positions, 5+ years of ecommerce experience.
- Experience in ecommerce sales strategy.
- Expert level ecommerce understanding of how levers work.
- Understanding of performance marketing and proven track record
of maximizing investments.
- Experience with change management and increasing organizational
- Excellent communication skills, persuading and interpersonal
skills at all levels.
- Proven track record of producing sustainable growth within the
- Strong leadership skills, particularly adaptability, agility
and team development.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be proactive in
identifying issues and recommending solutions.
- Strong strategic and analytical/critical thinking skills.
- Working knowledge of merchandising, pricing and promotions
principles and strategies.
- Ability & willingness to be strategic and "hands on."
- Must be results-oriented, organized, demonstrating the ability
to lead and motivate others.
- Has leadership experience and understands the benefit of
working cross-functionally as a team.
- Passionate about people and outcomes, not titles and
- Travel required (approximately 30%) to customers, customer
events, industry events, etc. ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONAt Beiersdorf,
we embrace Diversity and aim to provide equal opportunities to all
of our applicants - regardless of e.g. gender, sexual identity,
nationality, ethnicity, religion or ideology, disability or age. We
would therefore kindly ask you to include only information and data
in your documents which are relevant for the assessment of your
application (e.g. curriculum vitae with relevant references and
certificates). For instance, please feel free to upload your CV
without a picture.Beiersdorf North America Company Culture
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Compensation
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Happiest Employees 2022
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company for Diversity
- Beiersdorf North America is ranked in the top 5% of companies
for CEO rating on Comparably
- Beiersdorf North America is ranked in the top 10% of companies
for Leadership rating on ComparablyCheck us out on Comparably:
Having trouble applying? Go to to search our careers page.
Beiersdorf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Beiersdorf Inc, Stamford , Director, Digital Commerce, Executive , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...