DIRECTOR DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY COMPLIANCE
Company: System One
Posted on: January 22, 2023
DIRECTOR DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY COMPLIANCE Location:
Hauppauge, New York, United States The hiring manager requires
candidates who are physically onsite at the client site in
Hauppauge, New York. There would be a hybrid schedule, work from
home 1 to 2 days a week after training, usually around the 60-day
mark. ALTA IT Services is partnering with our customer on this
Direct Hire role. The Director of Data Protection and Privacy
Compliance oversees activities related to development,
implementation and maintenance of policies, processes, and
procedures and in accordance with applicable federal and state
privacy laws. Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive,
enterprise-wide data protection and privacy compliance program in
compliance with federal and state laws.
- Lead privacy impact assessments and risk assessment activities
across the enterprise to determine the sensitivity of new and
existing data. Determine how to classify, protect, and monitor both
structured and unstructured data to prevent unauthorized access,
loss, or compromise.
- Coordinate triage, investigation, and response activities to
- Ensure data governance, records retention, security protocols
and privacy policies, standards, and procedures are up to
- Oversee the development of training, education and
communication materials for data privacy and protection.
- Partner with business stakeholders and data owners to identify,
define, implement, and maintain best-in-class protection for
sensitive and business-critical data in accordance with legal,
regulatory, contractual, and industry standards.
- Collaborate internally to ensure cross functional alignment
while establishing governance for the program.
- Perform all duties inherent in a managerial role.
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems/Systems Security or
relevant field required or eight years directly related experience.
Masters degree or JD preferred.
- Minimum six years of relevant experience with minimum three
years leading or influencing people.
- Minimum five years experience working directly with privacy
compliance and data protection matters required.
- CIPP/US or CIPM certification preferred. Essential Skills:
- Extensive knowledge and experience with financial services
regulation and privacy compliance for financial services industries
and state and federal information privacy laws GLBA, CCPA/CPRA,
- Experience with privacy principles and relative technologies
(sensitive data handling, retention, user data protection, privacy
by design, Data Loss Prevention, encryption, anonymization
- Extensive familiarity with financial services regulation and
privacy compliance for financial services industries.
- Ability to understand and interpret relevant privacy
regulations, general business operations in the financial services
industry, issues, and dynamics beyond the scope of basic privacy
compliance and data protection issues.
- Ability to develop strong collaborative working relationships
and communicate effectively and concisely with members of other
departments on complex issues.
- Integrity, fortitude, oral and written communication skills,
and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with a strong sense of
priority, urgency, and commitment to deadlines. Benefits: We
provide a competitive compensation and benefits package that
includes, but is not limited to:
- Paid time off for vacation, personal days, and holidays
- Fully funded pension plan
- 401k company contribution
- We pay 100% of Vision & Dental Care
- Tuition reimbursement is offered to full-time employees
- Exclusive employee discount on loans.
- Flexible hybrid schedule for eligible positions For immediate
consideration, please apply directly or contact Kathryn Klens at
email@example.com. System One, and its subsidiaries including
Joul, ALTA IT Services, CM Access, TPGS, and MOUNTAIN, LTD., are
leaders in delivering workforce solutions and integrated services
across North America. We help clients get work done more
efficiently and economically, without compromising quality. System
One not only serves as a valued partner for our clients, but we
offer eligible full-time employees health and welfare benefits
coverage options including medical, dental, vision, spending
accounts, life insurance, voluntary plans, as well as participation
in a 401(k) plan.System One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, national origin, disability, family care or
medical leave status, genetic information, veteran status, marital
status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: System One, Stamford , DIRECTOR DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY COMPLIANCE, Executive , Hauppauge, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!