Document Management Technician
Company: Examworks Group, Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Overview:Are you a hardworking individual, looking to build a
long-term career? Are you proactive and always take the initiative
to be supportive in a work environment? Do you have hands-on
experience with medical reports and documentation?
ExamWorks is seeking a Document Management Technician for our
Woodbury, NY office.
As a stickler for detail, you will be responsible for gathering and
preparing mail/medical records. This position sorts and scans
records, updates client lists and maintains efficient document
This role is a full time position with a standard work schedule
Monday-Friday with overtime as offered.
If "perks" are your thing, then we have monthly lunches,
end-of-month breakfasts, holiday events and raffles, theme days,
swag galor and much more to brag about!
Certain positions with our Company are subject to vaccine mandates
based on state or local laws or other requirements. If this
position falls under such mandate, you must be able to provide
proof of vaccination in accordance with the requirements of the
applicable mandate, or qualify for an exemption based on a
religious or medical accommodation.Responsibilities:
Gathers and organizes examinee charts for examinations and
- Responsible for sorting and maintaining electronic and or hard
copies of charts and or medical report forms.
- Finalizes completed charts by confirming all records are
included and consolidates charts as needed to ensure no duplicates
or unnecessary documents are stored.
- Prepares and ships records to physicians utilizing appropriate
mailing sources (USPS, UPS, or Electronic) within required
- Performs clerical duties such as typing, filing, emailing, and
proofreading as required.
- Promotes effective and efficient utilization of clinical
resources and supplies.
- Protects examinee rights by maintaining confidentiality of
personal and financial information at all times and in accordance
with HIPPA regulations
- Responsible for answering heavy phones as a back up to the
receptionist.Qualifications:Medical Record Specialists come from
all different backgrounds including medical receptionist, file
clerk, administrative assistant, medical records coordinator and
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of one year related experience; or equivalent
combination of training and experience.
- Experience in a medical office.
- Must possess complete knowledge of general computer, fax,
copier, scanner, and telephone
- Must be knowledgeable of multiple software programs, including
but not limited to Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and the
- Must have a full understanding of HIPAA regulations and
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must possess the ability to manage change, delays, or
unexpected events appropriately.
ExamWorks is a leading provider of innovative healthcare services
including independent medical examinations, peer reviews, bill
reviews, Medicare compliance, case management, record retrieval,
document management and related services. Our clients include
property and casualty insurance carriers, law firms, third-party
claim administrators and government agencies that use independent
services to confirm the veracity of claims by sick or injured
individuals under automotive, disability, liability and workers'
compensation insurance coverages.
ExamWorks, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal
opportunity to all qualified applicants for all positions without
regard to protected veteran status, qualified individuals with
disabilities and all individuals without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age or any other status protected under local, state or
Equal Opportunity Employer -
Medical RecordsFile ClerkMedical Office
Keywords: Examworks Group, Inc., Stamford , Document Management Technician, Executive , Woodbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!