Senior Manager, Metadata Operations (Remote)
Company: A&E Television Networks, LLC
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Employees -The majority of our employees will have flexibility
that allows them to choose a predominantly remote, predominantly
in-office, or hybrid setup. Our official in-office locations in the
United States includes LA, NYC, Stamford, and Chicago, and we have
several other states in which employees may work remotely if their
role isn't one that requires them to be in or near the office. We
value the health and safety of our people above all else, and our
onsite attendance policies reflect that. If there is an on-site
requirement for a role, it will be listed in the job description.
-For those employees who would like to utilize our offices, full
vaccination for COVID-19 is required for physical presence in A+E
Networks workplaces. While A+E Networks will consider reasonable
accommodation requests regarding this policy in accordance with
applicable law, such requests will not be considered until a
conditional offer of employment is extended to a candidate.
Applicants should not submit any medical or health information in
connection with their application for employment. THE DIVISON'S
STORYGlobal Content Distribution Services is a powerhouse of
talented individuals who specialize in the delivery of world class
content. There is no mountain we can't climb, and obstacles we can
get out of our way. We analyze business needs, transform media, and
deliver content to a wide variety of digital platforms. We work as
a well-oiled machine. Together we are strong and our individual
team members are just as strong when flying solo. We are
self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible and can pivot
when necessary. And at our core, we are passionate about what we
do.THE ROLE: Senior Manager, Metadata OperationsThe Senior Manager,
Metadata Operations position works with various cross-functional
teams to ensure the successful acquisition, curation, data
transformation and distribution of descriptive and technical
metadata as require to ensure the successful execution of our
contractual and business commitments in support of global
distribution endpoints including FVOD, TVOD, AVOD, SVOD, FAST, TV
Everywhere, TVOD, Syndication, International Channel Partners and
Programs Sales. This position will also focuses on strategic
planning of resources, developing and executing metadata and video
delivery best practices and optimizing complex internal and
cross-departmental workflows.MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead a team of metadata professionals to maintain an enterprise
level standard of metadata support for XML partner publishing,
industry standards compliance (i.e., EMA), new partner onboarding
and change requests in support of the digital fulfillment of A+E
Networks' programming across global platforms and high profile
digital partners, including video-on-demand, TV Everywhere, OTT,
SVOD, brand sites and cross-platform apps and devices both
domestically and internationally.
- Act as a thought leader in defining success criteria and
understand business needs of partner teams in an ever-changing
- Research and identify opportunities to optimize and unify
efficient access and use of metadata across enterprise.
- Develop ideas for improving workflow processes and resolving
metadata issues by identifying patterns and trends based on
root-cause analysis of tickets that are opened by internal and
external users of our data.
- Champion continuous improvement initiatives to manage risk,
align to enterprise standards and changing metadata
- Consult with clients and peer groups to assess the current
state of data and metadata quality within area of assigned
- Consult with and provide recommendations to senior management
regarding assessments of the current state of metadata standards
- Interface with internal and external engineering and technology
stakeholders to improve metadata systems and workflows, and to
implement new metadata workflows and process to meet with our
contractual and business obligations.
- Oversee the timely and accurate provisioning and quality of
metadata content in accordance with our contractual obligations and
- Maintain advanced knowledge of company initiatives and projects
to ensure deal fulfillment and business strategies are properly
- Manage multiple high-level projects while accommodating for
constantly evolving workflows.
- Build workflows around new initiatives and distribution models,
while maintaining continuity and support for existing
- Prioritize strategic departmental targets, map out available
resources and scope overall project capacity to meet future
- Ensure a high level of customer support by maintaining
communication, responsiveness and expertise, in support of our
internal business clients as well as external vendors and
contracted business partners.
- Facilitate projects and requests using an in-depth
understanding of interdepartmental workflows.
- Quickly learn complex and continually changing workflows.
- Ensure the highest levels of quality are metWHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the
success of our global programming content distribution to linear
and non-linear distribution partners and platforms; both internally
and externally; including FVOD, AVOD, SVOD, FAST, TV Everywhere,
TVOD, Syndication, International Channel Partners and Programs
Sales. You will have exposure to all the inner workings of what it
takes to get our content out the door and on the eyes of the world.
You will collaborate amongst many key internal enterprise divisions
and departments; including Distribution, Global Content Sales,
Programming, Network Scheduling, Ad Ops, Technology and Engineering
to name just a few. You will challenge your creative spirit as we
embrace the technological advances to producing and delivering
award winning content and sharing globally.YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS]
(what you need to have)
- Keen attention to detail amidst vast amounts of data, strong
communication skills, penchant and ability for problem solving,
strong understanding of data structures and database design, and a
passion for efficiency and working smart
- BA/BS Degree
- 5-10 years prior experience in digital media and/or content
- 5+ years management experience.
- Must demonstrate strong time management skills and be
comfortable working in a deadline driven environment.
- Thorough understanding of industry video standards, video file
formats, MRSS feeds and closed captioning requirements.
- A broad and thorough knowledge of metadata curation, compliance
standards, XML structure and operational requirements.
- Must have experience with working in CMS environments and
- Direct experience in assisting with technical requirements
gathering, UAT testing, digital delivery protocols and related
technologies (FTP, SFTP, Aspera).
- Proven track record managing multiple complex projects
- Able to creatively establish new ways of working where a
workflow precedent may or may not exist.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong
stakeholder management and the ability to work with people at all
- Must be detail oriented, but able to see the big picture.
- Possess an uncompromising commitment to quality.
Keywords: A&E Television Networks, LLC, Stamford , Senior Manager, Metadata Operations (Remote), Executive , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!