Assistant Store Manager
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Job Descriptions:Employee Type: RegularCarters, Inc. is the
largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively
for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carters and
OshKosh Bgosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the
marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores,
national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and
internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000
Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico
and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com,
www.cartersoshkosh.ca, and www.carters.com.mx. The Companys Child
of Mine brand is available at Walmart, its Just One You brand is
available at Target, and its Simple Joys brand is available on
Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand
for families with young children. Carters is headquartered in
Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at
www.carters.com.Baby Clothing, Kids Clothes, Toddler Clothes
Carter'sShop for baby clothing, baby necessities and essentials at
Carters.com, the most trusted name in baby, kids, and toddler
clothing. Shop our selection of cute baby & kids clothing.POSITION
PURPOSEThe Assistant Store Managers purpose is to uphold the
Carters mission, vision, and values in order to support a high
performing team that consistently delivers top end results. The ASM
in partnership with the Store Manager is responsible to drive the
financial results through exceptional store standards, execution of
company strategies, and positive customer interaction. The ASM
supports the Store Manager with customer engagement, operational
execution, people management, and merchandising.ESSENTIAL JOB
FUNCTION (TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES)People:
- Communicates professionally and effectively with the store
team, customers and business partners.
- Fosters a positive work environment for both internal and
- Assists the Store Manager in building and maintaining a
successful team by participating in recruiting, interviewing, and
development of team.
- Provides feedback to the Store Manager on performance and
progress of Sales Managers and Associates.
- Utilizes company tools to train and develop store team to
ensure execution of all store operations; addresses performance as
- Adapts management style as necessary to lead and develop team
while establishing measurable, attainable and actionable
- Recognizes and rewards exceptional performance to increase
- Promotes customer service consistently by engaging talent,
encouraging positive customer interactions, and maintaining a ready
all day store presentation.
- Consistently models the brands customer service standards while
coaching others to success.
- Effectively analyzes the business and take necessary action to
- Assists Store Manager in executing the management of labor and
payroll expenses to maximize sales and productivity.
- Responsible for leading and executing an assigned Division of
Responsibility (DOR) through planning and detailed follow
- Performs Leader on Duty responsibilities by driving results and
providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Effectively manages payroll and supports scheduling to maximize
sales and productivity.Process:
- Supports management team with Asset Protection through a
consistent level of customer service, education, and operational
- Supports the planning and execution of store processes and
merchandise placement in an efficient manner while following brand
- Builds customer loyalty through company sponsored
- Maintains company standards of a neat, clean, and organized
- Monitors and adheres to all safety regulations and policies as
directed by the company.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or GED minimum requirement, BS/BA degree
- Minimum of 3 years retail management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated customer engagement skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, team, and
- Must be able to build relationships in order to foster teamwork
and develop partnerships.
- Ability to lead, direct and execute multiple tasks
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be at least 18 years old.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to lift 40 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time; climb up and down a
- Constant walking and standing; frequent bending, stooping and
- Ability to travel as needed.AVAILABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Regular work frequency is required to remain an active
- Availability changes must be approved by the Store Manager and
will be reviewed based on business needs.
- Seven to eight hour shifts and an average of 35 - 40 hours per
week: including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- A minimum of two closing shifts a week based on business
needs.NOTE: This job description is not intended to be
all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at
the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to
perform duties that are not listed in the job description.Carters
is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be
an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other
status protected by federal, state, or local law.Required
Experience:Keyword:From: Carter's Retail
Keywords: Carter's/OshKosh, Stamford , Assistant Store Manager, Executive , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!