Senior Director, Mobile Strategy
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Senior Director of Mobile Strategy is responsible developing
corporate and product strategies for the business by leveraging a
deep understanding of Charter and its Spectrum Products and
Services and also the competitive landscape and technology trends.
This position gathers and synthesizes relevant data, driving
analyses by structuring ambiguous problems and supporting it with
key insights that were developed through advanced financial
modelling. This position is expected to craft executive
presentations and be a master story teller, conveying complex
technology concepts into actionable next steps for executive
This position builds detailed models and performs regular
financial, competitive, performance, insights and market analyses
for the business to value comprehensively business opportunities
and ensure well-founded strategies are presented to leadership.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and
enhance the customer experience.
- Build a high performing strategy team to support Charter
through its long-term growth.
- Create a strategic filter to develop a 2-5 year roadmap for the
product and services Charter should sell.
- Lead analysis of M&A targets, in partnership with our
corporate development team.
- Build robust and easy-to-digest financial models with multiple
scenarios used for evaluating targets and making other product
- Provide strategy support, including research activities and
analysis with a focus on supporting: convergence through mobile,
internet, video and the advanced advertising business units.
- Research new technologies and industry trends to better
understand key market participants, business models, and the
potential impact on Charters product development efforts both on an
ad hoc and recurring basis.
- Partner cross-functionally with key internal departments (e.g.,
Product, Wireless Technology, Marketing, Finance, Engineering and
- Identify external partners to accelerate speed to market for on
products and services.
Required Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Advanced analytical skills and advanced Excel modeling
- Demonstrated mastery of PowerPoint and ability to tell a story
clearly and concisely
- Ability to operate effectively with minimal oversight
- Ability to obtain and synthesize information
- Ability to research and uncover insights from various
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear and
straightforward manner with all levels of management and company
- Proven ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion
in matters of significance
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively, showing
judgment and initiative to meet deadlines
- Effective cross-functional collaboration skills and ability to
overcome organizational obstacles, with the ability to make
decisions and work collaboratively with others to solve
- Ability to think strategically with a fundamental understanding
of cable and telecommunications products and services, including
familiarity with cable industry trends and competitors
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to the highest
degree of professional standards
- Ability to effectively use standard professional tools, e.g.,
PCs or Macs, tablets, phones, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Bachelors degree in Finance, Business Administration, or a Creative
Required Related Work Experience and Number of Years
Banking, Consulting, or in-house Strategy/Development experience -
Business Operations Analysis experience - 10+
Telecom experience (in-depth knowledge of MVPD, Internet,
Advertising, and Mobile) - 10+
Management experience - 7+
Preferred Skills/Abilities and Knowledge:
MBA or Masters on Finance or related degree or equivalent
Preferred Related Work Experience and Number of Years
Experience in Management Consulting, Investment Banking, Corporate
Strategy and/or Corporate Development in a technology/media company
Office Environment MPD847 303982-1 303982BR Required
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Stamford , Senior Director, Mobile Strategy, Executive , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!