VP, Labor Relations
Posted on: May 13, 2022
The VP of Labor Relations leads a team responsible for establishing
and maintaining effective employee and labor relations. This
includes leading collective bargaining and ensuring compliance with
all applicable laws and regulations. This role is also accountable
for educating management on any labor related issues and developing
proactive measures to ensure a culture that can attract and retain
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and
enhance the customer experience.
- Define and articulate the organization's strategies for
proactive employee and labor relations.
- Provide consultative direction to ensure a company culture that
allows the Company to attract and retain great employees.
- Develop and deliver preventative labor relations training to
all levels of the organization.
- Develop strategies to resolve problematic employee situations
and employee relations issues.
- Consult with leadership to identify and develop a plan of
action to address union organizing vulnerabilities.
- Audit Company operations for union organizing
- Manage Charter's response to union organizing campaigns.
- Lead collective bargaining, grievance and arbitration
- Plan and conduct research and analyze of labor issues to ensure
that the issues, negotiation postures and fallback positions are
well researched and understood.
- Maintain awareness of new and current organized labor rules
from applicable government bodies.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
relative to union management labor relations and collective
- Collaborate with human resources staff to ensure appropriate
application of company policies and procedures.
- Lead team of Labor Relations Directors responsible for
supporting all of the above efforts.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Required Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Detailed knowledge of labor law and NLRB process
- Detailed knowledge of positive employee relations
- Extensive Collective bargaining experience
- Ability to develop and implement action plans
- Ability to effectively present information to management
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job
- Knowledge of telecommunications industry helpful
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the
- Ability to think strategically and anticipate future trends,
needs and expectations
- Demonstrated business planning and forecasting skills
- Demonstrated analytic, organizational, and problem solving
- Demonstrated team and relationship building skills
- Proven leadership and mentoring skills
Bachelor's Degree required
Required Related Work Experience and Number of Years
Labor relations experience - 10+
Management experience - 5+
Juris Doctorate (JD) preferred
Office environment XLG130 309284 309284BR
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Stamford , VP, Labor Relations, Executive , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!