Director of Nursing
Company: Tradition Senior Living
Posted on: April 10, 2021
A Tradition of Respect, Excellence, Caring. At Vitality, our
mission is to create vibrant communities whereresidents, families
and team members can be themselves, live purposefully andexperience
a profound sense of belonging. We are looking for an experienced,
vibrant leader with a proven trackrecord for success who can make
our mission come to life. Keeping focused on our care values, we
striveeach day to ensure that our residents remain active and
RESPONSIBILITIES: All responsibilities areto be performed within
scope of practice per state or provincial regulations. The below is
representative and not all-inclusive.
- Ensure quality staff of Nurses/Medication
Attendants/ResidentServices Attendants by recruiting, hiring,
supervising, and evaluating team members.
- Conduct continuing education and training for
Nurses/MedicationAssistants/Resident Services Attendants as
necessary on all shifts.
- Complete Nursing Assessments, auxiliary evaluations of
residents,and all other required and/or appropriate evaluations,
addressing physical,emotional, social, and spiritual needs.
- Responsiblefor establishing and maintaining quality of care
systems to ensure allresidents receive the care as outlined on
individual resident care plans. This includes systems to ensure
correctmedications are administered as needed, physicians and other
health therapiesare communicated with in a timely way and families
are informed of any residentchange of conditions.
- Monitor alert charting, especially to ensure appropriate
teammember response to issues.
- Complete review of Resident Incident Reports.
- Effectively utilize and coordinate services with home
health,hospice, and other agencies.
- Occasionallyfulfill shift nurse duties in order to evaluate
efficiencies, systems andresident care. In addition, in the eventof
other nurse absences or emergencies, fill in as a shift
- Effectively communicate with physicians and other
healthcareprofessionals involved with services to
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state or
provincialregulations pertaining to health services.
- Registered Nurse Preferred
- Must have at least 2 years of experience as aWellness Director
in Assisted Living/Memory Care
- Effective leadership skills
- Excellent teambuilding skills
- Excellent knowledge of the state regulations
- Exceptional communication skills
- Solid financial judgement
- Current state required license
- Maintains basic knowledge of computer softwareand internet
platforms, including email.
- Desire to work with older adults and theirfamilies WHAT WE
- A working environment where your voice will beheard, and your
experience will be respected and appreciated.
- Innovated and vibrant working environmentcommitted to creating
unique experiences for our residents, team members andfamilies
- Effective and collaborative training andonboarding program
- Engaged company support team
- Paid time off
- Benefits to include medical, dental, vision,401k, employer paid
voluntary life insurance
- Potential to advance with a dynamic growingorganization EOE
Keywords: Tradition Senior Living, Stamford , Director of Nursing, Executive , Islip, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!