Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Summary Title: ID: 1241 Job Location: USA - Stamford, CT Job
Function: Accounting/Finance Description Who We Are Tronox is a
global vertically integrated mining and inorganic chemical
business. We mine and process titanium ore, zircon and other
minerals, and we manufacture titanium dioxide pigments that add
brightness and durability to paints, plastics, paper and other
everyday products. Today, we are the second largest TIO2 pigment
producer in the world with close to 7,000 employees across 6
continents. Our operations span nine countries on six continents
and we have approximately 7,000 employees. We trade publicly on the
NYSE as "TROX". Our corporate culture is very important to us at
Tronox. We care deeply about our people, and we seek to attract and
retain talented individuals who share our values. These are:
- We have an uncompromising focus on operating safe, reliable and
- We honor our responsibility to create value for
- We treat others with respect, and act with personal and
- We build our organization with diverse, talented people who
make a positive difference and we invest in their success.
- We are adaptable, decisive and effective.
- We are trustworthy and reliable, and we build mutually
- We share accountability, and have high expectations for
ourselves and one another.
- We do the right work the right way in every aspect of our
- We celebrate the joy of working together to accomplish great
things. Position Title Location Stamford, CT Position Overview Our
Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis Senior Manager has
responsibility for financial planning, reporting and control
activities. The role is a trusted business partner to the Company's
Executive team and is considered a leadership position within the
Finance organization . This position will report to the Vice
President, Finance - Corporate . Promote Tronox Culture
- Promote, live, communicate and reinforce the Tronox Values of;
Health & Safety, Responsibility, Teamwork, People, Customers, and
- Intentionally create an atmosphere to nurture a culture of
teamwork in the Finance organization. Key Role Responsibilities
- Manage and develop staff (two manager level associates and one
- Set team objectives, review performance against the objectives
and provide ongoing feedback to ensure the area objectives are
- Provide guidance to ensure policies and procedures are followed
and any issues are quickly resolved.
- Provide regular mentoring, feedback and professional
- Lead Global SG&A Budget and Forecast process
- Quality - Design, implement, and manage a standard global
process that delivers reliable outlooks, insightful analysis, and
meaningful commentary that Executive Management can use for
- Timeliness - Design and manage a standard global planning
calendar. Meet all deliverable dates.
- Cost/Efficiency - Develop and implement streamlined processes
that utilize contemporary planning techniques and solutions (e.g.
OneStream) across the planning organization.
- Lead role in managing monthly Corporate financial close
- Manage a standard monthly financial close process for all
Corporate cost centers.
- Provide cost center owners with regular guidance to ensure all
costs are accounted for in the proper periods (e.g. invoices and
expense reports submitted, services received not billed estimated
are accrued, etc...) and in the proper accounts and/or program
- Partner with the Controllership team to identify opportunities
to improve or streamline processes
- Lead SG&A reporting process
- Develop and implement streamlined reporting processes that
leverage contemporary and efficient solutions (e.g.
- Prepare/review variance analysis on a monthly/quarterly/annual
basis to ensure Executive business partners can effectively manage
their cost. Reporting requirements include items such as: cost
center reporting, global functional reporting, total Company
reporting, and project/program reporting.
- Present global SG&A variance analysis on a monthly basis to
the Finance Leadership team.
- Partner with Executive business partners to identify risks and
opportunities, drive actions, and reduce cost.
- Leadership role in the design and implementation of new
financial software (OneStream) enabling improved reporting quality
and meaningful efficiency improvements across Finance.
- Provide system training to the broader Finance team and act as
a change agent to drive high levels of OneStream adoption.
- Work with other global Finance leaders and their teams to
optimize planning and reporting process.
- Other tasks
- Calculate/Review performance against key incentive compensation
metrics to assist the HR department with reporting on progress
against targets. Assist HR in developing scenarios for future
- Review capital expenditure requests, including investment
analysis required to support major projects
- Review capital expenditure spending and provide guidance to
team to ensure cost is properly recorded Team Development
- Work with others in organization to develop processes to
streamline work and create efficiencies.
- Work closely with the broader FP&A team to identify
cross-training opportunities that challenge and develop direct
- Engage in learning opportunities that focus on new financial
planning & analysis concepts that can be implemented to keep the
function up to date on best practices.
- See the big picture and know how your role aligns
- Drive continuous process improvement and excellence in the
function Required Skills
- Communication and Collaboration
- Ability to present to a experienced professionals
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and in
- Ability to communicate and sell ideas
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with others
- Finance Skills
- Extensive experience in Budgeting, Forecasting and Management
- Skills in financial consolidations (Multi-Currency,
Intercompany, Chart of Accounts, Reporting "Trial balance" & "Cash
Flow" and ad-hoc analytics.)
- General understanding of customer functions such as;
Controllership, Treasury, Tax, Audit, Cost Accounting, General
Accounting and Fixed Asset Accounting.
- Hands on experience with top tier consolidation systems such as
OneStream, HFM and BPC. Experience should include creating and
running reports and ability to use ad hoc analytical tools for
- Hands on experience with MS Excel in the expert category
(spreadsheets, macros, pivot tables, data mining, report
- Hands on experience with an integrated ERP and General Ledger
System such as SAP. Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA, MBA, advanced degree preferred
- Financial Planning & Analysis experience at large and complex
- Familiar with Accounting and U.S. GAAP concepts
- Experience in Accounting, Consolidations, Business Analysis, or
other finance-related functions a plus
Keywords: Tronox, Stamford , Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis, Executive , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!