Data Operations Manager
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Current job opportunities are posted here as they become
available. Subscribe to our RSS feeds to receive instant updates as
new positions become available. Sema4 is a patient-centered health
intelligence company founded on the idea that more information,
deeper analysis, and increased engagement will improve the
diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Sema4 is dedicated
to transforming healthcare by building dynamic models of human
health and defining optimal, individualized health trajectories,
starting in the areas of reproductive health and oncology.
Centrellis---, our innovative health intelligence platform, is
enabling us to generate a more complete understanding of disease
and wellness and to provide science-driven solutions to the most
pressing medical needs. Sema4 believes that patients should be
treated as partners, and that data should be shared for the benefit
of all. As a Data Operations Manager within our Enterprise
Information and Delivery team, you will play a vital part in
driving Sema4's future data needs and enable Sema4 to use its data
for strategic purposes. You will work alongside data engineering,
software development, data science and DevOps teams to build and
optimize data management, engineering tools and interfaces to
support internal and external data and analytics project and
collaborations. Also, you will help in identifying opportunities
for effective and efficient data capture, translating governance
directives into technical solutions and ensuring they get adopted
across the organization. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and optimize processes for data intake, validation,
mining, and engineering as well as modeling, visualization, and
- Ensure data requests are formally captured via standard data
deliverables (source-to-target, control files, validation models)
for ongoing data operations and maintenance
- Work with the Implementation, Operations, and IT teams to
ensure client data sources with a focus on reliability, resiliency,
- Define and oversee goals to improve data operations rigor and
discipline which drive our application
- Lead and advise direct reports on appropriate and advanced
methods related to scalable data management processes
- Drive effort to understand trade-offs and prioritize
deliverables and support team when project and capacity
- Strong experience managing data:
- Strong understanding of managing the full data lifecycle.
- Experience developing and embedding data quality programs.
- Experience with data cleansing.
- Understanding of data governance.
- Partner with the internal data teams to prioritize and execute
products and programs as required by the business.
- Build, develop and maintain reporting systems, data automation
systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support reporting
for clients and partners.
- Ensure accuracy of data and deliverables of reporting employees
with comprehensive policies and processes.
- Develop and implement quality controls and departmental
standards to ensure quality standards, organizational expectations,
and contractual requirements.
- Proactively seek opportunities to automate and improve
- Participate in data and information model design across
multiple operating units and research stakeholders QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's in Information Technology, Data
Analysis, Computer Science or equivalent focus, or equivalent
experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum of 5 years' experience
- Strong, clear communication with ability to tell stories with
data and analytics
- Proven track record of analyzing complex data to gather
insights to help make decisions
- Write high quality, well tested, well designed and documented
- Strong knowledge of databases (relational and
- Startup experience is a major plus
- Healthcare industry a plus
- Experience with various data and technology stacks (SQL,
Cloud(AWS), ETL\ELT Tools, Reporting and Data Visualization
- Experience with a Database Management System (Sql-Server,
- Intermediate experience with SQL, Python, R, .NET, C# or
another industry standard tool used in data validation and
Keywords: SEMA4, Stamford , Data Operations Manager, Executive , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!