Editorial Director, Center Street
Company: Hachette Book Group
Posted on: February 24, 2021
The Editorial Director for Center Street will set the vision and
publishing strategy for a leading conservative book publishing
program that features a range of voices and perspectives. The
Editorial Director will be responsible for managing the day-to-day
editorial operation, supervising a small editorial team, and
collaborating with colleagues in support departments such as
managing editorial, production, marketing, and sales. ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acquire, edit, and manage 12-16 projects a year in the areas of
conservative politics and thought leadership as well as military
history and narrative history.
- Serve in a leadership role within the larger Hachette Nashville
team, which also includes multiple faith-based publishing
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with agents,
authors and prospective authors.
- Manage day-to-day editorial operations of the imprint to ensure
publishing schedules are met; serve as contact for editorial staff
and other staff around editorial issues.
- Create and manage the budgeted publishing schedule as approved
by the publisher.
- Participate in marketing and sales meetings and other meetings
- Communicate with HBG departments including marketing, sales,
audio, managing editorial, etc.
- Represent imprint at industry events, author meetings, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 7+ years of editorial experience.
- Knowledge of marketing and sales processes.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated interest in the conservative
political and military trends; demonstrated ability to identify
socio-political topics of interest to diverse readers.
- Ability to supervise and motivate editorial and supporting
- Strong project management skills; proven ability to deliver
timely, accurate work and demonstrate good follow up and follow
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the
aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group
settings regardless of audience.
- Drives change and innovation by improving work product or
process, and challenges established norms where appropriate.
- Proven ability to build supportive and constructive
relationships within and outside of the organization; takes the
lead in inspiring others to work together for mutual benefit.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task,
prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy
of work through attention to detail.
- Must be results-driven and take appropriate steps to achieve
goals while taking ownership of situations as needed. As a leading
book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse
voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training. You have been redirected to a Hachette Book Group job
Keywords: Hachette Book Group, Stamford , Editorial Director, Center Street, Executive , Islip, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!