Company: Zeeco, Inc
Posted on: September 21, 2023
The Controls Engineer will be responsible for the Controls
associated with to safe operation of Boiler burners, Flares and
flare ignition systems, Thermal Oxidisers, Process Burners, Vapour
and Flare Gas Recovery projects. This will require the development
of PLC based control systems and the selection of instrumentation
to meet specific requirements of the end user and the products.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Review project file and confirm C&I scope of supply based
on customer specifications and sales quotation.
- Design of control panels including the drafting (AutoCAD) of
PLC control panels and the related engineering documents such as
general arrangement drawings, wiring schematics and connection
- Selection and preparation of the full bill of materials (BOM)
of the control panels
- Development of the control logic and programming of Rockwell
Automation/ Siemens/ HIMA/ Honeywell PLC systems including
safety/redundant systems for Burner Management and Boiler control
- Full simulation testing of the PLC code including factory
acceptance testing (FAT)
- Development of HMI and PC based SCADA systems.
- Prepare cause and effect diagrams.
- Prepare I/O lists, logic diagrams and control
- Prepare junction box drawings.
- Provide the cost estimate of the controls and instrumentation
items to sales department including PLC based control systems,
control valves, actuated valves, transmitters, flow meters and
- Perform other related duties as assigned. Some of these duties
may include: -Quotation/sales support, Field/sales trips, on site
commissioning support and overseas meetings.
Knowledge & Experience
- Relevant Degree (Instrumentation /Electrical/ Electronic
Engineering) or HND and suitable experience
- Experience of PLC Systems (Rockwell Automation, Siemens,
- Familiar with different communication systems between PLC's and
DCS systems such as Modbus, RTU, TCP/IP, Profibus and
- PLC Programming and HMI/SCADA experience.
- Familiar with the control panel building and hardwired relay
and timer-based logic.
- Experience of using Electrical AutoCAD desirable
- Ability complete instrument data sheets
- Conversant with P&IDs.
- Knowledge of: Safety systems for controls, European Safety
Standards, Safety Integrity Level (SIL), IEC 61508 and
- Knowledge of Hazardous area standards (ATEX), Knowledge of the
combustion industry and applicable EN and NFPA standards)
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office products
- Confident decision maker
- Self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
- Able to promote the company's image and products
- Excellent team player
- Willing to share expertise and knowledge
- Must live within 1-hour commute to the office and be able to
- Must be willing to travel worldwide.
- Knowledge of the Oil & Gas Industry
Keywords: Zeeco, Inc, Stamford , Controls Engineer, Engineering , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!