Night Shift Diesel Mechanic
Company: Fusion Cell, LLC
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Night Shift Diesel MechanicPosition:With direct supervision from
the supervisor/ lead, a Maintenance Technician performs repair and
maintenance work on diesel and non-diesel equipment and trucks
including, but not limited to, chassis components, vehicle refuse
bodies and control systems, hydraulic electrical, air brake
systems, general engine work, HVAC components, suspension, drive
train and steering systems. The Maintenance Technician may also
perform basic tire work, such as replacement, tire rotation, and
tread depth checks. Enjoy the benefits of working on a single fleet
with state-of-the-art equipment, supporting our drivers as they run
their routes and servicing some of the most technically advanced
vehicles on the road.Essential Responsibilities:
- Maintains a working knowledge of, and moderate skill
proficiency in, the following vehicle components and systems, with
the ability to perform preventative and repair maintenance
functions, both on-site and on the road.
- Chassis component repair and maintenance.
- Refuse bodies, including control, hydraulic and electrical
systems; and air and hydraulic braking systems.
- Engine repair and maintenance.
- Suspension, drivetrain and steering systems.
- Heating and air conditioning.
- Performs line maintenance welding and fabrication.
- Safely provides road service when necessary to ensure that the
Company's equipment is returned to operation in a safe and
- Identifies the source of the malfunctions using a variety of
- Completes applicable Company training programs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Tackle a new challenge every day.
- Receive training on new technologies and
- Basic understanding of work order labor time standards.
- Prior experience with, or knowledge of, maintenance work to be
performed on Classes 1-5 light/medium duty and heavy-duty Class 7-8
trucks, aircraft, or ships.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications (T1-T8) are
a plus but not required.
- Commercial Driver's License is a plus but not required.
Keywords: Fusion Cell, LLC, Stamford , Night Shift Diesel Mechanic, Engineering , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!