Company: Crescent City Recruitment Group
Posted on: May 26, 2023
This position is responsible for the effective implementation of compliance programs that ensure the generating stations in the portfolio are compliant with all applicable air and water federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations as well as corporate policies, goals, targets and programs. The candidate will prepare tracking and performance reports, schedule and coordinate testing, regulatory filings and review regulatory changes. This position while be primarily sited in Stamford, CT and will also be required to work at other sites within NYC and CT.
- Ensures compliance with applicable regulations including USEPA, NYSDEC, NYC DEP and FDNY
- Undertakes activities to verify and improve environmental compliance
- Prepares regulatory filings, reports, and submittals
- Supports O&M projects
- Interfaces directly with all federal, state and local regulatory entities
- Works with members of other internal teams and external parties on ongoing matters and projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
A four-year engineering degree and a demonstrated track record in air and water regulatory compliance. A minimum of 5 years relevant experience is also required for this position. Candidate must have demonstrated knowledge of environmental laws and regulations, such as CAA, CWA, RCRA and CERCLA, with good project management and communication skills.
- The candidate must be able to work overtime and extended hours including emergency calls in during off hours.
- Ability to deal with complex environmental issues is required.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with a high degree of initiative and ability to work independently.
- The candidate must be comfortable working in various settings including office, laboratory, outside in all seasons and all elements, in a boiler room during all conditions. This requirement includes sitting, standing, walking for long periods of time as well as climbing, working at heights, and carrying loads of up to 50 lbs.
- Out of area and overnight travel (at company expense) via air, road and rail is required to attend necessary training. Travel dates are based on training availability.
- Successful applicants must also pass respirator physical/fit test. A valid driver's license is required.
Keywords: Crescent City Recruitment Group, Stamford , Environmental Engineer, Engineering , Stamford, Connecticut
here to apply!