Field Engineering Designer I
Company: Eversource Energy
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New
England. We support 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across
CT, MA and NH. We're proud to provide safe, reliable service to 4.3
million electricity, natural gas and water customers. Be a part of
our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer
service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!! PRIMARY DUTIES
- Maintains and builds customer relationships by ensuring
customer requests are met in a timely fashion.
- Designs layouts for service additions and changes to the
Company electric system using Company approved standards and
- Performs technical calculations and prepares work orders as
- Communicates internally and externally the Company requirements
for electric service installation.
- Designs, negotiates, and coordinates the installation of
residential, commercial, and industrial services including the
preparation of cost estimates, work orders, and written service
agreements as assignee works with others (e.g. Supervisors, Sr.
Consultants, Engineers) to prepare work orders for larger
commercial and industrial service installations.
- Prepares easement documents and private property permits as
required for services and extensions on private property.
- Designs, negotiates and coordinates the relocation of overhead
and underground facilities, including the preparation of work
orders and cost estimates as assigned.
- Recommends designs and coordinates installation of residential
streetlights. Prepares work orders for the installation of security
lighting and unmetered services for customers. Prepares residential
or commercial contracts as assigned.
- Performs analysis/assistance in emergency restoration in the
facilitation of restoration efforts. Expected to work beyond
regular business hours as required.EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS,
AND ABILITIES An Associate's degree in Engineering or Engineering
Technology or related field or a High School diploma or the
equivalent andone year of formal technical training is required.
Four to Six (4-6) years of related electrical distribution
experience is required. Refer to Time Merit Progression (TMP) for
experience required for each step.
- Technical Skills: Sound knowledge of electrical distribution
systems and construction standards andtechniques.
- Internal Contacts: Variousdepartments, Customer Service,
Transportation, Stores, IT, Telecommunications
personnel/departments, Real Estate, Analysts, Planners, Managers
and Supervisors, Engineers, Circuit Owners, Zone Managers and
Clerical / Secretarial support.
- External Contacts: Customers, contractors, municipal and state
contact persons, business and utilityrepresentatives.
- Challenges: Meet internal and external customer expectations
and improve overall customer satisfaction. Work to better New
Service work performance and overall efficiency. Be cost conscious.
Reduce the number of rewrites necessary on each project.
- Freedom to Act: Determines detail design, applicable fees,
easement requirements, permitting requirements and locations for
service requests. Uses independent judgment and discretion in
applying appropriateEngineering Standards and appropriate Business
Policies. Is on the alert for unsafe acts or conditions while
traveling within the work areas and reacts accordingly.
- Safety Awareness: continually demonstrate that safety is
required for successful completion of all work assignments.
- Negotiation - Effective exploring alternatives and positions to
reach outcomes that gain all parties' support and acceptance.
- Teamwork(Cooperation) -Active participation in, and
facilitation of, team effectiveness; taking actions that
demonstrate consideration for the feelings and needs of others;
being aware of the effect of one's behavior on others.
- Judgment (Problem Solution) - Committing to an action after
developing alternative courses of action that are based on logical
assumptions and factual information and that take into
consideration resources, constraints, and organizational
- Customer Service Orientation - Making efforts to listen to and
understand the customer (both internal and external); anticipating
customer needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
- Sound knowledge of electrical distribution systems and
construction standards and techniques.Bargaining unit employees
under the TEAL contract will be given first consideration. In
addition, this position is being posted internally and externally.
Candidates must successfully pass the TECH Test. Qualified
candidates must submit a resume with their online
application.Worker Type:RegularNumber of Openings:1EEO
StatementEversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.VEVRRA
Federal ContractorVaccination Information: Eversource requires all
new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first
day of employment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance
with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with
Eversource's HR department after you have been made a conditional
offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to
discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer
of employment and complies with all applicable laws.Emergency
Response:Responding to emergency situations to meet customers'
needs is part of every employee's role. If employed, you will be
given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be
called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal
responsibilities, work hours and location.
Keywords: Eversource Energy, Stamford , Field Engineering Designer I, Engineering , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...