Distinguished Machine Learning Engineer
Company: Capital One
Posted on: November 22, 2021
11 West 19th Street (22008), United States of America, New York,
New YorkDistinguished Machine Learning EngineerAt Capital One, we
believe that machine learning represents the biggest opportunity in
financial services today, and is a chance to revolutionize the
industry. Capital One's commitment to machine learning has
sponsorship from the CEO, the Board of Directors, and the executive
committee of the company. The Center for Machine Learning is at the
heart of this effort, and is leading the way towards building
responsible and impactful tools, platforms, and solutions that
leverage ML.----As a Capital One Machine Learning Engineer, you'll
be providing technical leadership to engineering teams dedicated to
productionizing machine learning applications and systems at scale.
You'll participate in the detailed technical design, development,
and implementation of machine learning applications using existing
and emerging technology platforms. You'll serve as a technical
domain expert in machine learning, guiding machine learning
architectural design decisions, developing and reviewing model and
application code, and ensuring high availability and performance of
our machine learning applications. You'll have the opportunity to
continuously learn and apply the latest innovations and best
practices in machine learning engineering. You'll also mentor other
engineers and further develop your technical knowledge and skills
to keep Capital One at the cutting edge of technology.What you'll
do in the role:
- Deliver ML models and software components that solve
challenging business problems in the financial services industry,
working in collaboration with the Product, Architecture,
Engineering, and Data Science teams.
- Drive the creation and evolution of ML models and software that
enable state-of-the-art intelligent systems.
- Lead large-scale ML initiatives with the customer in mind.
- Leverage cloud-based architectures and technologies to deliver
optimized ML models at scale.
- Optimize data pipelines to feed ML models.
- Use programming languages like Python, Scala, C/C++.
- Leverage compute technologies such as Dask and RAPIDS
- Evangelize best practices in all aspects of the engineering and
- Help recruit, nurture, and retain top engineering talent.Basic
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least 10 years of experience designing and building
data-intensive solutions using distributed computing.
- At least 6 years of experience programming in C, C++, Python,
- At least 3 years of experience with the full ML development
lifecycle using modern technology in a business critical
- At least 2 years of experience using Dask, RAPIDS, or in High
- At least 2 years of experience with the PyData ecosystem
(NumPy, Pandas, and Scikit-learn)Preferred Qualifications
- Master's or doctoral degree in computer science, electrical
engineering, mathematics, or a similar field.
- At least 3 years of experience designing, implementing, and
scaling-- production-ready data pipelines that feed ML models.
- At least 8 years of experience within a large/data-intensive
multi-line business environment.
- Experience partnering with technology peers responsible for
data architecture and distributed computing
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to a
variety of audiences.
- ML industry impact through conference presentations, papers,
blog posts, or open source contributions.
- Ability to attract and develop high-performing software
engineers with an inspiring leadership style.--At this time,
Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment
authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is
an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion
in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color,
age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability,
genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected
veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable
national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a
drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment
qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal
background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article
23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California
Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair
Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and
other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations
regarding criminal background inquiries.If you have visited our
website in search of information on employment opportunities or to
apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please
contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at .
All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be
used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable
accommodations.For technical support or questions about Capital
One's recruiting process, please send an email to Capital One does
not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for
third-party products, services, educational tools or other
information available through this site.Capital One Financial is
made up of several different entities. Please note that any
position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position
posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any
position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines
Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Keywords: Capital One, Stamford , Distinguished Machine Learning Engineer, Engineering , Northport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!