Manufacturing Process Engineer
Posted on: April 8, 2021
If you are a Manufacturing Process Engineer with experience,
please read on!
Top Reasons to Work with Us
For nearly 50 years, we have served an integral role in supporting
the advancement of the aerospace and defense industries.
We are a pioneer and world leader in high-reliability data
communications and control technology.
Aside from being a defense and aerospace innovator, our corporate
HQ is adorned by the finest ocean.
We offer our employees a workplace in the heart of one the most
desirable places to work and live in the world.
To be frank, we are one of the most exciting, promising Aerospace
and Defense companies in North America.
What You Will Be Doing
- Design: Assist with new product development and provide support
for the timely fabrication of new products.
- Leadership: Provide technical direction to Technicians and
Interns. Research new technology and assist in bringing new
technical capability to our Manufacturing or Outsource
- Optimize: Assist the design team in developing creative
approaches that favorably optimize design trade offs for various
elements of a design such as product cost, performance, feature
set, time to market, and technical risk.
- Production Support: Provide day-to-day Process Engineering
support to all areas of the company (Engineering, Product
Development, Procurement, Manufacturing and Product Assurance).
This includes daily oversight of production processes with a focus
towards improving productivity either through process enhancements
or automation. Seek out bottle necks in the process flow with goal
of a balance manufacturing process. Take a proactive approach to
trouble shooting, and provide timely resolution of production
issues in an effort to support the on-time and cost efficient
shipment of quality products. This may also include assisting in
the evaluation and disposition of discrepant materials at Incoming
Inspection and Manufacturing.
- Planning: Develop plans, schedules, and identify resources
required to develop and introduce new processes in a timely
- Innovation: Research and Conceive methods for achieving product
requirements and specifications using appropriate design, process,
manufacturing and mechanical techniques.
- Industry Standard Participation: Participate in technical
meetings with various standards settings associations to contribute
to standards development and/or to report on issues that may
influence our business or technical direction.
- Supplier Audits: Visit, review and report on suppliers
facilities, capabilities and/or processes.
- Customer Support: Support Applications Engineering or Product
Assurance staff to solve technical problems relating to the use of
our products in customers systems at customers' facilities.
- Competitive Analysis: Research the competitive market landscape
for processes, materials, or equipment that could advance our
technology and product offerings.
- Vendor Selection: Work with other departments as appropriate to
lead vendor or engineering outsource selection decisions based on
uniform technical performance, risk and cost tradeoffs.
- Continuous Improvement: Research, develop, evaluate and/or
implement new methods, processes, techniques, tools, components, or
technology that improve quality, timeliness and/or performance of
DDCs products or the efficiency or cost effectiveness of our
- Planning: Identify risk areas and recommend contingency plans
to eliminate or mitigate risk that could result in schedule delays
or failure to meet specification or design plan requirements.
- Win New Business: Contribute technical input, as well as
material and labor cost estimates in support of tactical business
opportunities and proposals.
- Education: Work to train and educate less senior engineers and
technicians on technical skills and knowledge.
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelor's degree
- Approximately two or more years related engineering
- Six sigma green belt and working knowledge of Minitab or SQC
- Working knowledge of Mil-Std-883 or Mil-PRF-38534/5
- Demonstrated ability to develop, articulate and present
technical information in both written and verbal forms.
What's In It for You
- Competitive base salary
- 401(k) matching
- Child Care Reimbursement
- Health & Fitness Reimbursement
- Education Reimbursement
- Relocation Assistance
So, if you are a Manufacturing Process Engineer with experience,
please apply today!
Email Your Resume In Word To
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and
going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to
apply, but you may also:
- Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You
must keep the JobID: linkedin : JH9- -- in the email subject line
for your application to be considered.***
Jackson Hufferd - Sr. Executive Recruiter - Optello
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Optello is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons
hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work
in the United States and to complete the required employment
eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Keywords: Optello, Stamford , Manufacturing Process Engineer, Engineering , Bohemia, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!