Summer School Success 2023: Special Education Paraeducators - Specialized Programs (Grades K - 5)
Company: Stamford Public Schools
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Summer School - Classified/Special Education Paraeducators
SUMMER SCHOOL SUCCESS: SPECIAL EDUCATION PARAEDUCATORS-SPECIALIZED
The Summer School Special Education Paraeducator-specialized
programs will aid the Summer School Special Education Teachers in
all aspects of the summer school program. Special education
paraeducators-specialized programs will work with students in the
TEAM, CORE, or ASD programs. This position requires commitment to
work at least 4-weeks of Summer School with option of working 6
weeks. This position is available pending operating budget and
grant funding approval.
- Work with individual students or small groups of students to
provide tutoring in various subjects.
- Demonstrated successful experience working with students.
- Evidence of the ability to work cooperatively with staff.
- Assist in correcting homework, tests, assignments, and
- Assist teacher with proctoring tests and quizzes.
- Assist in the distribution of papers, materials, and assignment
sheets and assist in the handling of completed assignments.
- Help student's complete research and learning projects.
- Prepare copy for instructional materials, bulletins, and
- Attend inclusion classes with special education students and
assist in implementing alternative instructional strategies.
- Assist with implementation of inclusion plans for
- Assist in taking attendance and maintaining attendance
- Maintain inventory records of equipment, books and
instructional supplies used in the classroom.
- Assist in the decorating of bulletin boards as requested by the
- Use copying equipment.
- Assist in maintaining an environment conducive to learning as
requested by the teacher.
- Assist with discipline and other classroom duties as requested
by the teacher.
- Assist the teacher in supervising students on arrival to or
departure from school and all transitional times.
- Assist in monitoring students during eating periods.
- Assist with playground supervision, as needed.
- Assist in hall and stairway supervision.
- Escort students to other rooms/locations as required.
- Willingness to serve as a bus monitor.
- Attend staff development workshops to enhance instructional
delivery to children.
- Assist in other related duties that may be assigned by the
teacher, Head Teacher, or Summer School Administrator.
- Assist in one or more of the following services required for
assigned students as directed:
- Therapeutic feeding
- Diaper changing
- Self-help skills
- Muscle tone exercises
- Colostomy care
- Embarkation/debarkation of buses including lifting of students
- Currently employed by the Stamford Public Schools and meets the
- Good Reading, Math, and English skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and accept supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with teachers, students and
Locations are to be determined, and are subject to change due to
unexpected circumstances (including the possibility of moving to
4 week program (July 5th through July 28th) or 6 week program (June
20th through July 28th)
No classes July 4th
Please indicate your desire to work all 6 weeks in the
The salary for this position is determined in accordance with the
provisions of the current Paraeducator Contract and will be
processed via the KRONOS time and attendance system.
- Locations and schedule are subject to change due to unexpected
Keywords: Stamford Public Schools, Stamford , Summer School Success 2023: Special Education Paraeducators - Specialized Programs (Grades K - 5), Education / Teaching , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...