Agile Methodology Coach
Company: Guardian Life
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Enterprise Methodology Coach (Agile/Kanban/Waterfall)
Are you a passionate Enterprise methodology coach who is looking
for an exciting transformative opportunity? Look no further!!
Guardian Life is seeking a seasoned, passionate, and goal-oriented
Enterprise Methodology coach and trainer to drive business agility
and support the transformation across the Enterprise.
The Enterprise Methodology Coach acts as a partner providing
subject matter expertise, training, education, and mentoring. This
highly skilled individual excels at building relationships and
fosters the adoption of selected methodologies across the
Enterprise. He or she will support and drive the transformation of
change, culture, and methodology delivery (Scaled Agile, Scrum,
Kanban, Hybrid, Six Sigma, etc.). They will partner with business
and technology leadership to establish, alignment, within the new
Guardian Life operating model. The successful candidate is an
influencer with tactical experience working with a variety of
project management frameworks.
* Provide hands-on Methodology coaching and training to business
and technical leaders, RTE's, Product Managers, Product Owners,
Scrum Masters and teams on all aspects of Safe Agile, Scrum, Lean,
and Kanban & Hybrid methodologies practices.
* Facilitate complex problem-solving sessions with stakeholders and
teams to improve value delivery.
* Partner and determine what methodology frameworks to apply to
solve specific problems identified in the team or at scale.
* Identify and launch new ARTs, cross-functional teams at a
sustainable pace as raised by team and/or organizational need.
* Proactively partner with teams and internal/external stakeholders
to address methodology and tool knowledge gaps to support all the
methodologies (Agile, Kanban, Hybrid & Six Sigma).
* Promote and advocate a culture of continuous improvement by
influencing teams and the greater organization to reflect and
improve through coaching, mentoring and measurable action
Contribute to the evolution of our Agile strategy and
transformation journey for the enterprise.
As the Enterprise Methodology Coach you will report to our Head of
Delivery Methodology, EBTS Innovation, Capabilities & Programs.
* A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience. A minimum of
ten years of progressive project, program, and portfolio management
* A minimum of seven years' experience providing hands-on
Methodology (Scaled Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean, Waterfall, Hybrid)
coaching and training to business and technical leaders, RTE's,
Product Managers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters and teams on all
aspects of Scrum, Lean, and Kanban & Hybrid methodologies
* Direct hands-on experience serving as a Scrum Mater, RTE, STE,
Product Owner, Product Manager,
* Experience successfully providing methodology selection
recommendations to a large portfolio or program with multiple
* Highly proficient using Confluence, JIRA, JIRA Align, SharePoint,
and other tools to manage project and task management.
* An ability to articulate and clearly communicate complex problems
and solutions in a simple and logical manner to audiences at all
levels in the organization.
* Experience in implementing and maintaining key performance
measures related to program, project, and / or portfolio
management, including benefits realization.
* Excellent problem-solving analytical capabilities with strong
attention to detail.
* Demonstrated track record in effective vertical coaching,
including strong relationship building and influencing skills,
* Process Improvement methodology experience (e.g., Six Sigma,
Lean, Kaizen, etc.). is a plus
* Domain experience in insurance and / or financial industries. -
is this a must?
* The candidate should be located within a commutable distance of
any of our Guardian offices in the continental United States (New
York, NY, Holmdel NJ., Bethlehem PA., Pittsfield MA., or Stamford
* The candidate should feel comfortable commuting and working in an
in an office setting 1-3 days a week with flexibility to work from
* This role requires up to 20% travel.
At Guardian, you'll have the support and flexibility to achieve
your professional and personal goals. Through skill-building,
leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide
opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded
by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards.
$97,240.00 - $180,600.00
The salary range reflected above is a good faith estimate of base
pay for the primary location of the position. The salary for this
position ultimately will be determined based on the education,
experience, knowledge, and abilities of the successful candidate.
In addition to salary, this role may also be eligible for annual,
sales, or other incentive compensation.
As part of Guardian's Purpose - to inspire well-being - we are
committed to offering contemporary, supportive, flexible, and
inclusive benefits and resources to our colleagues.
* Choice of [high deductible/copay] medical plans* with
prescription drugs, including coverage for fertility and
transgender inclusive benefits
* Dental plan
* Vision plan
* Health care accounts - flexible spending, health reimbursement,
and health savings accounts
* Critical illness insurance
Life and Disability Insurance
* Company-paid Life and Disability insurance plus voluntary
* Accident insurance
Retirement and Financial
* 401(k) retirement plan with a company match, plus an annual
age/service-based Company contribution and an annual profit-sharing
contribution, if applicable
* Complimentary 1:1 financial guidance with a licensed Fidelity
Time Off and Remote Work
* Flexible work arrangements (part in-person/part remote)
* Unlimited paid time off for most roles plus time off for
volunteering, jury duty, voting, and bereavement
* Personal holidays for colleagues to use in recognition of
religious, cultural, or civic days
* Paid parental leave and paid family and medical leave
Emotional Well-being and Work-Life
* Emotional well-being, mental health, and work/life resources
powered by Spring Health
* Wellness programs, including fitness program and equipment
* Child, adult, and elder back-up care support through Bright
* Adoption assistance
* College planning
* Tuition reimbursement
* Student loan assistance
* Commuter benefits in select metropolitan areas
Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (J.E.D.I.)
* Employee Resource Groups that advocate for inclusion and
* J.E.D.I. certification and training programs
* Matching gifts/volunteering
Benefits apply to full-time eligible employees. Interns are not
eligible for most Company benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will be considered for employment without regard to age, race,
color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation,
national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or
veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable
Guardian is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and
reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in
employment, its services, programs, and activities. If reasonable
accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact
Keywords: Guardian Life, Stamford , Agile Methodology Coach, Education / Teaching , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!