Candidate Pool: IEP Compliance Support Teacher
Company: Stamford Public Schools
Posted on: September 23, 2022
2022-2023 School Year
This posting is for a candidate pool for anticipated vacancies for
IEP Compliance Support Teachers for the 2022-2023 school year.
Please apply to all candidate pools that you are qualified for and
The filling of this position is based upon continued funding in the
Board of Education budget.
Note: Teachers dually certified in TESOL, Bilingual Education or
ESL, with experience in Sheltered Instruction or fluency in a
language other than English, will be given preference for all
Stamford Public School positions.
The selected candidate will be allocated multiple schools to
The IEP Compliance Support Teacher serves as the central office
liaison to the Individual Education Plan Team in their schools. The
focus of this position is to ensure compliance with federal, state
and local requirements as they relate to identification, IEP
development and programming for identified students. The IEP
Compliance Support Teacher reports to the central office special
education administrator who will be assigned at the beginning of
the school year.
- Assists in weekly IEP meetings regarding IEP development, IEP
implementation and follow through with weekly special education
- Assists with data issues associated with IEP Direct and
collaborate with the clerical person to make sure meetings are
scheduled in a timely fashion.
- Assists in implementation of guidelines and procedures
associated with the IEP process.
- Assists in special education data collection for state
- Support data collection and assist schools in monitoring and
making instructional adjustments for identified students when
- Collaborates/assists with staff regarding IEP development,
accommodations and modifications relevant to special education and
- Act as liaison between general and special education teachers
and the central office Special Education Administrative Staff.
- Coordinates referrals to special education, referrals for
alternative assessments and alternative learning programs.
- Communicates with community agencies, such as; DMR, DCF, Child
- Coordinates/assists in implementing transition planning for
identified students moving from grades 5 to 6 and grades 8 to
- Acts as liaison with building administrators and central
- Works in conjunction with central office and attorneys
regarding legal cases.
- Performs other duties as appropriate to the position as
requested by the assigned central office special education
- Current Connecticut Special Education or related services
- Minimum five (5) years experience in special education or
related services teaching and successful teaching experience in the
appropriate grade level of their assignment.
- Experience in design and implementation of programs in the area
of specialized instruction and inclusive best practices.
- Demonstrated up-to-date familiarity with developments and
trends in special education, student support services, and
inclusive best practices.
- Familiarity with national, state, and local curriculum
standards and framework.
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing research-based
- Demonstrated experience in aligning current curriculum
- Experience in writing standards-based individualized
educational plans ( IEP).
- Demonstrated quality leadership ability through past
- Demonstrated capacity to work well with others.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze standardized and
criterion-based assessments and relate them to IEP goals.
- Superior communication skills (oral and written).
- High standards of ethics, honesty, and integrity.
- Expertise in utilization and implementation of IEP Direct.
- Have clear understanding of federal and state special education
- Knowledge of and/or demonstrate the ability to learn and
implement Operating Systems (i.e. Windows); Office suites (i.e.
Microsoft Office, Google Docs); Presentation Software (i.e.
PowerPoint, Keynote); Spreadsheets (i.e. Excel, Google
Spreadsheets); Communication and Collaboration tools (i.e. Skype);
Accounting Software (i.e. QuickBooks); Student Information Systems
(i.e. Naviance, Power School); or any other technology deemed
relevant for this position.
Stamford Education Association (SEA)
Per SEA Contract
Online application is required.
Internal Applicants: Please upload a cover letter (summarizing your
interest in and qualifications for the position) and resume as part
of your Internal Application. In addition, be prepared to provide a
two letters of reference to the interview committee.
Keywords: Stamford Public Schools, Stamford , Candidate Pool: IEP Compliance Support Teacher, Education / Teaching , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!