Dolan Middle School: Middle School Assistant Principal
Company: Stamford Public Schools
Posted on: November 22, 2021
- Dolan Middle School: Middle School Assistant Principal JobID:
- Position Type:
Administration/ Middle School Assistant Principal
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
2021-2022 School Year
- Closing Date:
The filling of this position is based upon continued funding in the
Board of Education budget.
Note: Teachers dually certified in TESOL, Bilingual Education or
ESL, with experience in Sheltered Instruction or fluency in a
language other than English, will be given preference for all
Stamford Public School positions.
The Assistant Principal - Middle School is responsible to the
school principal. The Assistant Principal - Middle School assists
the principal in the administration of the school and promotes the
educational growth of each student in the school.
- Assists the principal in the administration and supervision of
the school and its instructional program.
- Assists the principal in aspects of the screening and selection
of all school personnel as delegated by the principal.
- Assists the principal in aspects of the supervision and
evaluation of all school personnel.
- Assists in preparation and administration of the school
- Supports and disseminates information regarding school,
district and Board of Education programs, policies and procedures
to the school community.
- Serves in the place of the principal whenever the principal
must be absent.
- Provides coordinated leadership in the areas of assigned
- Assumes, as delegated, a share of the responsibility for the
implementation of the teacher assessment program.
- Performs additional administrative duties as delegated by the
- Connecticut Professional Educator Certificate - Intermediate
- Demonstrated up-to-date familiarity with developments and
trends in school administration, staff supervision and curriculum
- Minimum of five (5) years of teaching experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of secondary school administration as
well as the current practices and techniques involving secondary
education, including some knowledge of data information
- Demonstrated understanding of child psychology and the ability
to apply effectively its teachings with middle school pupils.
- Demonstrated capacity to work well with other people.
- Superior communication skills (oral and written).
- High standards of ethics, honesty and integrity.
- Knowledge of and/or demonstrate the ability to learn and
implement Operating Systems (i.e. Windows); Office suites (i.e.
Microsoft Office, Google Docs); Presentation Software (i.e.
PowerPoint, Keynote); Spreadsheets (i.e. Excel, Google
Spreadsheets); Communication and Collaboration tools (i.e. Skype);
Accounting Software (i.e. QuickBooks); Student Information Systems
(i.e. Naviance, Power School); or any other technology deemed
relevant for this position.
Stamford Administrative Unit (SAU)
Per SAU Contract--
Online application is required.
Internal Applicants: Please upload a cover letter (summarizing your
interest in and qualifications for the position) and resume as part
of your Internal Application. In addition, be prepared to provide a
three letters of reference to the interview committee.
Email To A Friend
Postings current as of 11/10/2021 10:18:05 PM CST. Powered by
applicant tracking, a product of Frontline Education.
Keywords: Stamford Public Schools, Stamford , Dolan Middle School: Middle School Assistant Principal, Education / Teaching , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!