Posted on: November 17, 2023
Current job opportunities are posted here as they become
available. We are seeking an exceptional individual to serve as a
Tax Manager, Private Client Services, within Maestro's Tax and
Accounting Division. The Tax Manager is responsible for advising
clients on the tax implications of their business objectives and
evaluating and selecting alternative actions to lessen tax burden
and cost of compliance. A successful candidate will have the
opportunity to grow into multiple roles within the
company.Responsibilities:The Tax Manager will work with other
members of the client teams to ensure the following tasks are
- Client Management
- Establish and maintain primary relationships with clients as
their trusted advisor.
- Tax Compliance -
- Supervise and review preparation of tax returns of
high-net-worth individuals, closely held, and operating and
- Ensures that both (a) clients comply with all applicable
authorities, while at the same time minimize their tax and
reporting burdens, and (b) self and client service teams comply
with all company policies and standards. -
- Conducts review of tax returns and resolves all tax issues with
client; involves specialists where appropriate; provides feedback
- Plans for early recognition of material tax and compliance
changes and consults with the client and/or partner as appropriate.
- Tax Consulting
- Assists with developing, recommending, and implementing
efficient and effective methods to maximize client benefits,
especially by decreasing clients' current and future taxes.
- Applies the combination of tax knowledge and knowledge of
business/industry to recommend solutions. -
- Confers with Senior Tax Specialists to determine applicability
of STS consulting specialties to each client. Involves STS when
- Manages written or phone inquiries from federal and state
agencies with little or no assistance. -
- Manages client expectations. -
- Liaise with Maestro's Family Office group on client tax
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the technical and
practical issues and opportunities regarding two or more areas of
taxation, e.g., individual, corporate, property, sales,
pass-through, state and local, international, expatriate, transfer
pricing, credits and incentives, compensation and benefits,
accounting methods, R&D tax benefits.
- May be required to organize and conduct, or participate in
conducting, effective external and internal CPE training sessions
in area of specialization.
- May train and mentor seniors/associates on specialization
- Identifies when research is needed; clearly and concisely
frames issues to be researched and reports the analysis.
- Identifies complex issues to be researched by engagement team
and provides research methodology for efficient research
- Introduces and develops new or improved ideas to enhance the
position of clients, the company or company personnel, e.g., by
reducing taxes or expenses or providing non-tax benefits.
- Researches and implements tax strategies, including
experimentation with promising new strategies and ideas. -
- Consistently makes suggestions as to how previous work products
or approaches can be improved. -
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Supervises Associates and Senior Associates on all projects.
- Reviews work prepared by Associates and Senior Associates and
provides review comments.
- Trains Associates and Seniors.
- Acts as a Career Advisor to Associates and Senior Associates.
- Schedules and manages workload of Associates and Senior
- Provides performance feedback to Associates and Senior
Associates. -Skills and Experience for Success:
- Critical and strategic thinker who thrives in a quick pace,
ever changing, complex environment.
- Experience with various tax software.
- Exceptional communication, writing, and listening skills. Team
player with a high EQ willing to "roll up their sleeves to do what
- The ideal experience will include:
- 6-10 years of tax experience in an accounting firm or similar
- A bachelor's degree in accounting or similar field.
- The ideal candidate for the position must be willing to learn
new concepts and ideas. They must be a hard worker and be
comfortable sharing unique ideas and concepts.Position Reports
to:Managing Partner of Maestro's Tax and Advisory
division.Compensation:Maestro Financial Solutions offers
outstanding compensation packages where you will be rewarded for
your experience and recognized for the value you bring to our team
of professionals. Our packages also include discretionary bonus
targets, generous retirement plan company matching, medical and
dental benefit options and more. We offer team rotation
opportunities, specialized educational courses and seminars,
company events, senior mentor programs and community service
events. Opportunity to earn equity incentives and to become a
partner in our tax practice.Location:The position will be based in
Stamford, Connecticut or Salt Lake City, Utah with minimal travel
required and is open to flexible schedule.
Keywords: Maestrofs, Stamford , Tax Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!