Senior Scrum Master (Middle Markets)
Company: XL CATLIN
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Job Description Senior Scrum Master (Middle Markets) ( Job
Number: 16001159D20230530 ) DISCOVER your opportunity US, East
Coast DISCOVER your opportunity As AXA XL continues its
enterprise-wide transformation towards agile ways of working, the
Senior Scrum master is a key role that will help towards the
successful adoption of agile values, principles and practices
across the Digital Factory. The role will be responsible for one or
many scrum teams helping deliver change and value for our business
customers as well as driving Agile practices and behaviors. What
will your essential responsibilities include?
- Interact closely with key stakeholders to ensure vision and
strategy serve as the teams' North Star, and support Product Owners
/ Business Owners in creating, refreshing, and grooming the
- Facilitate key agile ceremonies and ensure their efficiency:
stand-up, sprint planning, sprint demo, retrospective)
- Serve as a mediator and facilitator to identify, solve and/or
escalate (when necessary) conflicts and interpersonal issues within
teams as well as cross-organization.
- Embody agile culture and mindset as a passionate 'Change
Agent': collaboration, collective sense of responsibility,
empowerment, simplicity, customer-focus, iterative and incremental
delivery, continuous improvement.
- Actively engage with the agile practice chapter to contribute,
keep updated and deploy AXA XL's best practices.
- Lead the scrum team in using Agile methodology and Scrum
- Remove obstacles hindering the team's ability to deliver.
- Establishing and managing an environment where the team can be
- Ensuring a good relationship between the team and product owner
as well as others outside the team
- Protect the team from outside interruptions and
- Coach the team on Agile/Scrum principles and values.
- Facilitate the daily standup as required.
- Be the Servant Leader for teams and support them in defining
Roadmaps aligned with business strategy as well as delivering
outcomes with maximum efficiency and value creation.
- Provide reports and updates to Senior Management and
- Participant in sprint planning, ceremonies, sprint reviews and
- Demonstrating continuous improvement of the team and its
individual members and highlighting where strengthening and change
- Help the scrum team achieve higher levels of scrum
- Building cross functional, diverse teams to deliver complex
technology enabled transformation projects and products.
- Remove impediments to ensure self-organized teams can focus on
high value increments. - You will report to the Senior Delivery
Lead - Middle Markets. We're looking for someone who has these
abilities and skills:
- Significant experience as a scrum master experience among
cross-functional teams, as well as IT Development/Program
Management/other relevant business experience
- Detailed understanding and practice of agile methodology and
mindset (values and principles)
- Experience working with large, dynamic, virtual teams, across
time zones and offshore with high resource utilization and
productivity, including where teams are highly matrixed - both in
centralized and decentralized environments
- Scrum certification preferred, Agile at scale if possible.
- Significant organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including communication,
presentation, ability to negotiate.
- Analytical skills to address complex issues and ability to
think and communicate at different levels of detail and across
different levels of the organization.
- Previous experience in consulting will be of advantage. FIND
your future AXA XL, the P&C and specialty risk division of AXA,
is known for solving complex risks. For mid-sized companies,
multinationals and even some inspirational individuals we don't
just provide re/insurance, we reinvent it. How? By combining a
comprehensive and efficient capital platform, data-driven insights,
leading technology, and the best talent in an agile and inclusive
workspace, empowered to deliver top client service across all our
lines of business --' property, casualty, professional, financial
lines and specialty. With an innovative and flexible approach to
risk solutions, we partner with those who move the world forward.
AXA XL is committed to equal employment opportunity and will
consider applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, age,
ethnicity and origins, marital status, religion, disability, or any
other protected characteristic. - At AXA XL, we know that an
inclusive culture and a diverse workforce enable business growth
and are critical to our success. That's why we have made a
strategic commitment to attract, develop, advance and retain the
most diverse workforce possible, and create an inclusive culture
where everyone can bring their full selves to work and can reach
their highest potential. It's about helping one another - and our
business - to move forward and succeed.
- Five Business Resource Groups focused on gender, LGBTQ+,
ethnicity and origins, disability and inclusion with 20 Chapters
around the globe
- Robust support for Flexible Working Arrangements
- Enhanced family friendly leave benefits
- Named to the Diversity Best Practices Index
- Signatory to the UK Women in Finance Charter At AXA XL,
Sustainability is integral to our business strategy. In an
ever-changing world, AXA XL protects what matters most for our
clients and communities. We know that sustainability is at the root
of a more resilient future. Our 2023-26 Sustainability strategy,
called "Roots of resilience", focuses on protecting natural
ecosystems, addressing climate change, and embedding sustainable
practices across our operations. -
- Valuing nature: How we impact nature affects how nature impacts
us. Resilient ecosystems - the foundation of a sustainable planet
and society - are essential to our future. We're committed to
protecting and restoring nature - from mangrove forests to the bees
in our backyard - by increasing biodiversity awareness and
inspiring clients and colleagues to put nature at the heart of
- Addressing climate change: The effects of a changing climate
are far reaching and significant. Unpredictable weather, increasing
temperatures, and rising sea levels cause both social inequalities
and environmental disruption. We're building a net zero strategy,
developing insurance products and services, and mobilizing to
advance thought leadership and investment in societal-led
- Integrating ESG: All companies have a role to play in building
a more resilient future. Incorporating ESG considerations into our
internal processes and practices builds resilience from the roots
of our business. We're training our colleagues, engaging our
external partners, and evolving our sustainability governance and
- AXA Hearts in Action : We have established volunteering and
charitable giving programs to help colleagues support causes that
matter most to them, known as AXA XL's "Hearts in Action" programs.
These include our Matching Gifts program, Volunteering Leave, and
our annual volunteering day - the Global Day of Giving. For more
information, please see axaxl.com/sustainability The pay range for
this position is $118,500- $233,500. Actual pay will be determined
based upon the individual's skills, experience and location. We
strive for market alignment and internal equity with our
colleagues' pay. AXA XL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Location
: US-CT-Stamford Work Locations : US CT Stamford 677 Washington
Blvd 677 Washington Blvd. Stamford 06902 Job Field : IT Schedule :
Full-time Job Type : Standard AXA XL is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and does not discriminate against any colleague or
applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, national
origin, religion, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual
orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status,
military status or any other category protected by local law.
Keywords: XL CATLIN, Stamford , Senior Scrum Master (Middle Markets), Accounting, Auditing , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!