Cash and Investment Accountant
Company: General Re Corporation
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Cash and Investment Accountant
Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is
a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations,
with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. Its direct reinsurance
companies conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and
Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major
reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we
have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the
major rating agencies.
Gen Re currently offers an excellent opportunity for a Cash and
Investment Accountant within the Finance Unit in our Stamford, CT
Cash and Investment Accountant will play an integral role in the
execution and coordination of the cash management and investment
activities for all North America companies. The accountant will be
responsible for supporting the daily funding activities and the
related cash and investment entries into the SAP general ledger(s).
The accountant will also be responsible for working directly with
the business and service units in identifying, reconciling, and
booking cash and investment related suspense, intercompany, and
other transactions. The preparation of monthly bank and custody
reconciliations and other analytical cash and investments reports
for management will also be the responsibility of the
The accountant will be involved in the analysis of processes and
assist in implementation of accounting and reporting system
upgrades. In addition, the accountant will provide support in the
finance review of North America travel and entertainment expense
reports and assist in establishing analytical reports for use by
Other duties include:
* Paying and reporting of various bank custody and service
* Assisting in the direct communication with North America banking
and custodial third party relationships.
* Tracking and coordination of property recovery and escheatment
process with various States.
* Letters of Credit - maintaining inventory, processing amendments
and drawdowns, annual audit.
* State deposits - tracking, replacement and coordination with
insurance departments, local banks and asset management.
* Preparing and tracking the filing process of the 1099 tax forms
and the Report of Financial Bank and Financial Accounts.
Role Qualifications and Experience
* Minimum of 2-3 years of cash accounting work experience
* Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Team player, works effectively with others
* SAP experience
* Knowledge of Excel
* Ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
* BS/BA degree in accounting or finance
Does this sound exciting?
If you want to shape your future with us, please send your resume
to Linda Dalesio in Human Resources: email@example.com
Linda Dalesio, Human Resources
Keywords: General Re Corporation, Stamford , Cash and Investment Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!