Senior Manager, Global Accounting (remote)
Posted on: May 13, 2022
KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world's
leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our
platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental
car, cruise, or vacation package. We're also transforming the
in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software.
For more information, visit .
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that
includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands
including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and
HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we
all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights.
Together, we're able to help people experience the world through
dining and travel.
The primary responsibilities will be to lead the global GL
accounting team. This role will own the day-to-day accounting
operations and month end close for certain account balances. The
successful candidate should have a proven understanding of US GAAP,
display a strong sense of ownership and accountability, and possess
an eagerness to learn and implement.
In this role, you will:
- Lead all accounting activities for complex account balances,
including (but not limited to) Loyalty Reserves, Allowance for Bad
Debts, Leases and Capitalized Development ensuring compliance with
US GAAP and Booking Holding Accounting Policies
- Dive into the details and identify difficulties, eliminate
inefficiencies by revamping processes and utilization of internal
systems and tools
- Manage a team of 3 and provide mentorship to develop their
skills and support their growth
- Review accounting schedules, month-end reconciliations and
memos prepared by the team
- Provide suggestions for improvement to maximize accuracy and
efficiency during audits
- Liaise with Booking Holdings teams and auditors with respect to
requests for additional information of global GL accounting
- Collaborate with other teams within finance and outside of
finance, across the Kayak and OpenTable businesses.
- Assist with implementation of suggested improvements
- Assist with various ad hoc projects as they arise
Please apply if:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 8+ years' of relevant experience in industry and/or public
accounting (Big 4 experience preferred)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high level
of attention to detail
- Outstanding written and communication skills
- Be comfortable working in a rapid change environment and
dealing with ambiguity
- Solution focused with the ability to prioritize and lead
multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- NetSuite experience a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (vlookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Generous paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Company matched retirement plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Free massages from professional massage therapists
- Universal Paid Parental Leave
Note for Connecticut Residents: To receive estimated salary range
information for this role pursuant to Connecticut's "An Act
Concerning the Disclosure of Salary Range for a Vacant Position",
email . You must include the name of the position in your
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse
communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we
produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our
team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all
backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever
you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive
other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to
"Remote work allowed"
Keywords: KAYAK, Stamford , Senior Manager, Global Accounting (remote), Accounting, Auditing , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!