Personal Banker - Stamford Area
Posted on: November 19, 2021
- Financial Wellness education is a big opportunity in our
communities. In response to that need, Key's branches have become
more advice centered. We equip our Bankers with a state-of-the-art
digital tool that empowers them to have deeper conversations with
clients. This tool allows us to deliver expert advice to our
clients and gets them thinking about important questions related to
their finances.The financial wellness platform does the heavy
lifting in these conversations. You don't have to be a financial
expert to be a successful Personal Banker, you just need to have a
strong desire to help people make better financial choices and be
good at starting conversations, quickly building a rapport, and
asking deeper questions. You really need to love the sales process,
providing solutions to clients' needs, and the excitement of
achieving sales goals to be successful in this role.You'll work
with the public. Empathy and a willingness to treat our clients
like you would a family member is critical. Everyone is at a
different place on their financial journey and we are here to help
them in any way we can.What You'll Get from This Opportunity:
- Our total incentive compensation plan is highly competitive
(salary + generous bonuses for high performers).
- Generous and unique benefits - 401(k) matching
(dollar-for-dollar up to 6%), generous PTO, fitness and tuition
reimbursement, and so much more.
- You are exposed to many areas of expertise in this role
(Mortgage Loan Officers, Financial Advisors, Branch Managers, etc.)
and will uncover multiple avenues for career growth and development
(we support becoming licensed or following the many other career
paths within the bank).
- Paid job training and access to a library of specialized
professional development and training courses.
- Access to a formal enterprise mentoring program.
- There is a lot of daily variety in this role.Essential Job
- Solution-based sales, delivering exceptional client service in
- Providing clients with ease, value and expertise by taking them
through financial wellness reviews and answering any questions they
- Developing strong partnerships with line of business partners -
focusing on client acquisition and deepening the relationship of
current clients; effectively managing internal and external centers
- Calling on a book of business, setting appointments, following
up on referrals, and going out into the field to obtain new
- Opening personal and business accounts (consumer checking,
small business, various deposit products, home equity, unsecured
lending, certificates of deposit, etc.).
- Sometimes supporting branch operations such as assisting with
client transactions on the Teller line and maintaining
documentation on interactions with clients.
- Ensuring compliance with operational, risk, security and audit
procedures and policies including appropriate documentation of
- All Branch team members are expected to act professionally at
all times, conduct business ethically, avoid conflicts of interest
and act in the best interest our clients and Key. Required
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience
(undergraduate degree preferred).
- 1 year of experience in developing current and new customer
relationships, achieving sales goals and building referral sources.
Experience with sales is more important than financial services
experience. KeyBank provides the tools and training, but we need
natural relationship builders who are great at sparking
- The ideal Personal Banker is sales-driven, self-motivated, and
competitive. The best bankers always know their numbers and find
ways to drive towards success.
- Interpersonal interaction skills and an ability to build
rapport in matter of minutes is vital.
- Foundational knowledge of sales and service techniques with
consumers and small businesses, including tele-consulting, outside
calling, prospecting and networking. Comfort going out on business
calls, overcoming objection, and asking fact-finding questions with
the goal of being helpful.
- A keen ability to manage your time and own your day - balancing
serving clients and growing your book of business.
- Demonstrated experience with influencing business partners and
leveraging centers of influence, as this role will require
significant influence of partners such as Key Investment Services,
Mortgage and Business Banking sales professionals.
- Proven customer service and communication skills and ability to
work in a small team environment.
- Working knowledge of PCs (MS Windows and Office Products
including Word, Excel, etc.).
- Ability to work branch hours, typically includes Saturday
- Must have access to reliable transportation to facilitate
travel outside of the branches, including outside sales calls.
- Physical Requirements: Frequent mobility (5-8 hours) in an
office setting, ability to communicate face to face and on the
phone with clients, frequent use of hands to manipulate/grasp
objects, occasional bending and lifting from floor height, frequent
lifting of 1 - 10 lbs., occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.What
It's Like to Work with Us:When we say our branches are like
families, we mean it. Our branches are typically small, tight-knit
teams that support one another and help each other grow. At Key we
pride ourselves on being a highly collaborative culture that wins
by sharing, networking, and supporting fellow team members. We also
extend that welcoming culture to the clients we serve. We are
seeing longer client tenure, higher savings growth and higher
satisfaction scores from clients who have gone through financial
wellness reviews. Our branch client impact stories are inspiring.
We are developing emotional connections with clients by helping
them on their path to smarter finances. Come join us, we truly do
work that matters. Key's application process for Personal Banker
position(s) require that you complete our Skill Match Survey. The
Skill Match Survey can be taken via computer or mobile device and
will take 20-30 minutes to complete. This will help us to learn
more about you and determine if we are a good match. In addition,
following the completion of the survey, we'll provide you with
feedback on your top impact skill. After completing the
application, you will be prompted to take the Skill Match
Survey.KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive
culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status or other protected category.Qualified individuals with
disabilities or disabled veterans who are unable or limited in
their ability to apply on this site may request reasonable
accommodations by emailing .
Keywords: KeyBank, Stamford , Personal Banker - Stamford Area, Accounting, Auditing , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!