Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Senior Associate-NFP/Healthcare in Stamford, Connecticut -
Careers at Stamford Office Skip to Main Content Please Enable
Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to
experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning
Candidate? Log back in! Senior Associate-NFP/Healthcare Job
Locations US-CT-Stamford # of Openings 1 Category General
Accounting Overview PKF O'Connor Davies, LLP is looking for a
Senior Audit Associate. The Senior will perform and direct the
broadest range of accounting tasks and will assist the engagement
partner and/or manager in the development of audit strategy,
planning, review and interpretation of audit findings for clients
within the Healthcare and Nonprofit industry practice areas.--The
Senior will work with audit staff at the client's premises,
managing the engagement in the field and performing audit
procedures to the appropriate extent.--These duties may include
(but are not limited to): Essential Duties
- Knowledge of auditing, accounting standards and application of
generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP, GAAS & SEC rules,
- Apply technical skills, take the initiative to identify best
practices and improvements, and consider applicability of best
practices for other clients.
- Research complex accounting topics and form a conclusion
utilizing the Firm's research tools (Engagement, Accounting
Research Manager and PPC ETools, etc.).
- Understand internal control deficiencies, work on training
entry level staff on internal control processes and develop
comments for management letters.
- Understand risk assessment process and apply knowledge in
completing all related forms
- Prepare financial report (statements, footnotes and any
supplemental information) and all other client deliverables.
- Understand cash flow effects of complex activities (non-cash,
- Apply industry trends to analytics, formulate expectations and
- Seek to understand the client's business as a whole, including
competitors, trends and key customers and show sensitivity to the
client culture and business strategy.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide team with directions, play a
key role in execution of audit engagement from planning to wrap-up,
and develop audit program steps to identify risks to ensure that
the assignment quality standards are achieved.
- Perform a detailed effective in-charge level review of the
team's work for finalization requirements.
- Express ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in written
form and is capable of writing detailed document findings.
- Manage engagement staff to meet deliverable deadlines;
identifies roadblocks, and understands critical milestones to meet
client service expectations.
- Provide quality on the job training and constructive feedback
to Interns and Staff.
- Actively participate in learning and development opportunities,
formal learning (CPE) and training programs. Qualifications
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting from an accredited
- 4+ years of progressive audit experience in public
- Not-for-Profit engagement experience required.
- CPA Certification or demonstrated progress towards obtaining
CPA certification, including required coursework preferred.
- A solid understanding of audit services with knowledge of GAAP,
GAAS and FASB regulations
- Proficient with computer software packages and platforms
including Microsoft Office Suite, Tax software, ProSystems and
- Ability to meet challenging client requirements, provide
services, and possess strong communication, interpersonal,
analytical, and research abilities.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound
decisions and recommendations in client related matters pertaining
to the audit.
- Must be willing to travel locally to clients 80% of the time
and have access to a car/public transportation. Options Apply for
this job online Apply Share Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry
the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please
refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Loading... Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? Connect with us for
general consideration. Application FAQs Software Powered by
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Stamford , Senior Associate-NFP/Healthcare, Accounting, Auditing , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!